Hemi Truck Club banner
1681 - 1700 of 1716 Posts

·
Stu
21,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,681 ·
Injector size does not matter for the street if they are tuned will run like stock!
The Accel injectors have been having problems. They're not as good as they advertise them to be. Suspect one or more injectors to be leaking. The engine oil smells like it has fuel in it. Will be pressure testing the injectors as well as checking the spray patterns.
Did find a little too much oil in the intake runners. That could be what's causing the no. 1 & 3 forward spark plugs to foul. Need to make adjustments to the crank case vacuum system as well as tighten up the ring gaps to stop most of the ring blow by into the crankcase. Initially set the engine up for high boost drag race only (big ring gaps). Will need to change that for a street performance truck.
The camshaft and rollers on the lifters look fine. Was very happy to find that wasn't the problem. That squealing/squeak noise really freaked me out. It really sounded like it was coming from a bad roller lifter.

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,068 Posts

·
Stu
21,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,685 ·
Pressure tested the OPC intake manifold. Found leaks through cashing flaws all over this intake manifold... One leak goes into the oil fill port. No. 3 cylinder intake port. There's also a casting flaw at the oil fill port that leaked oil down to the V on the engine block, down between the engine and trans. Thought the rear main seal was leaking. It wasn't. Might have been causings the spark plug fouling. So, that means it was pushing a small amount of boost into the engine crankcase. With the strange little problems I've been having with the engine, it all make sense now.
Joe(OCP) wont send me a new manifold to replace this one... Could just use some JB Weld to fix the casting flaw leaks...
New piston rings are on order from Total Seal.

·
Stu
21,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,687 · (Edited)
The Accel 80lbhr injectors aren't leaking while under 62psif pressure. But, they're shooting a solid stream instead of atomizing the fuel with a spray pattern. The 9 volt battery I was using was a little low on voltage. Will retest it again with a new battery. If it is the same, will have to clean or replace the injectors.

·
Stu
21,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,688 ·
Well, these are not the injectors I thought I bought. Thought they where the cone shape spray 80lb/hr injectors. This vid says it all...

·
Stu
21,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,691 ·
Santa got my Total Seal piston rings to me before Christmas. :)
Wont be getting my new intake manifold until mid/late January 2022. Requested it too late on my Christmas list. Thanks Joe(ocp).

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
I run the Siemens lol so honestly none here.
Check out injector clinic in hobe sound and see what they have

·
Registered
2004 GTX
51 Posts
I run FIC95 LBS in my 468 in the 04,

80lbs Bosch seam to be a go to for a lot of builders,, watched Ric dyno test a set of Accel 83lbs vs some Deka 80s , the Deka's were average 40hp better all over the rpm range, less tuning hassle , engine was a 362ci 5.7 with a 3.0 whipple BGE heads cam is .616/.590 245/245 118lsa ,made 900 peak on the chassis with the deka and 810 peak with accel
the guys at Snake eaters are helpful, competent and know their respective crap.

·
Registered
2004 GTX
51 Posts
a lot of port matching, one of the few issues with the High Ram(s) ,

It's a shame holley has no intentions of releasing a short ram version for the G3 , I think there's a market for it.

1681 - 1700 of 1716 Posts