Hemi Truck Club banner
1661 - 1673 of 1673 Posts

·
Stu
21,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,661 ·
Only 1 & 3 cylinder "forward" spark plug are fouling. ALL of the rest of the spark plugs look perfect. If it was the tune, all of them would be fouling out as well. I could just change those two spark plugs before getting the tune adjusted. Have to admit, this thing rips now even with just 6psi boost. Finally got the right combination of cam and turbo. Just need to get the tc tightened up a little.

Household hardware Auto part Metal Nickel Engineering

·
Stu
21,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,662 · (Edited)
Noticed the defrost button was flashing, a/c system and the truck was acting a little strange. Found the blower motor not running some times. Already know that the blower motor needs replacement as well as the diverter flap. But, for everything else on the truck acting strange. I'm thinking it might be having a pcm problem or something? Since I have a spare pcm with Keith's tune on it already. Going to swap it out to see if it straightens up again. Fingers crossed.

·
Mark G Senior Member
03Ram Stock & 05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,048 Posts
You're going to have to make a log select the cylinders that are fouling out. There is a voltage pid you can select and see if there is a voltage drop. Keith would know how to read it.

·
Stu
21,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,664 ·
Put hotter spark plugs(oem) in the spots where the other two were fouling. Also changed out to my other 05 pcm with Keith's tune already installed on it. The original pcm was acting funny and doing strange things as well. Hope that was the problem all along. "Keeping my fingers crossed." The 05 is running smooth again with the swapped out pcm. Driving it to see what happens.

·
Stu
21,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,667 · (Edited)
Everything seemed to be running better when test driving on the street. No boost testing. Have also done a fresh oil and filter change. Everything seemed ready for some tuning finally. Really looking forward to it. It's been a long time coming. Working through all of the problems that showed up. This 392 has tested me on several problems over the years. Kept pushing forward believing in my mechanical skills and the help from others. Put way too much money in this engine but, it was self gratifying to figure out each problem as I went along. Believed in the Hemi engine. After all, was able to accomplish so much with my daily driven 03 turbocharged 348 forged Hemi engine. Had allot of fun in my 03. Was really looking forward to what my 05 Turbocharged 392 Hemi stroker could do and the fun I would have with it.

And then, the Hemi squeak/squeal from the camshaft lifter valve train showed up around # 3 cylinder....
F***ing Hate This Hemi Engine !!!!

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts
Everything seemed to be running better when test driving on the street. No boost testing. Have also done a fresh oil and filter change. Everything seemed ready for some tuning finally. Really looking forward to it. It's been a long time coming. Working through all of the problems that showed up. This 392 has tested me on several problems over the years. Kept pushing forward believing in my mechanical skills and the help from others. Put way too much money in this engine but, it was self gratifying to figure out each problem as I went along. Believed in the Hemi engine. After all, was able to accomplish so much with my daily driven 03 turbocharged 348 forged Hemi engine. Had allot of fun in my 03. Was really looking forward to what my 05 Turbocharged 392 Hemi stroker could do and the fun I would have with it.

And then, the Hemi squeak/squeal from the camshaft lifter valve train showed up around # 3 cylinder....
F***ing Hate This Hemi Engine !!!!
How do you really feel?

You will get there someday and then you will say I am going to try something else for a bit more power and start all over again.

1661 - 1673 of 1673 Posts