Hemi Truck Club banner
1641 - 1649 of 1649 Posts

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,971 Posts
3.55 gears puts more stress on the 545rfe trans. Where's your trans Mark?
Would rather just add the 50-60lbs weight to the back of the truck and lower rear tire pressure to make it more controllable on the street. Just enough weight to have better traction to make it faster, not slower. Taking all things in consideration, it's a balancing act. That's how I did the 03. Will do the same with the 05.

PS. Happy to be making forward progress again with the 05. Makes me sick to think all this time it was the BBK 90mm throttle body that was causing the street driving tuning problems. There wasn't any codes or test to the tb that would tell me it was the problem. It looked like it was operating the way it should. Dave (B&G Performance) said, he has seen many problems with the BBK throttle bodies and recommended to go back to the oem tb. Thanks Dave. (y)(y)(y)
The tune still needs adjustment but, no where near as bad as it was. Actually surprised it's running as good as it is with all of the changes I've done to it.
Keith's base 392 boosted tune runs strong now at wot. Even with just 6psi boost. Know I stretched/stressed everyone's patients out on this. Especially Keith and Becca. Truly sorry for that.
I was desperate on trying to find the problem that it seemed nobody had an answer too. Changing parts left and right to try and find the cause of the problem. It drove me crazy...
Clint had better be on top of his game with this transmission then.. my 3.55's work perfect on the street.He is working on a stall converter not sure how much longer I will have to wait..... And believe me the ass end still gets loose on the street!

·
Stu
21,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,643 ·
I hope Clint is setting up at least a 2800rpm stall converter. My Edge torque converter is working real good with the ATS trans and Copilot.

·
Stu
21,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,644 ·
Stu, do you go to the Turkey run 9n Daytona?
I have gone but, not sure if I can make this one on Thanks Giving weekend. Going to put time off in for that weekend and see if it gets approved. Most likely will have to call out sick...
PS. I definitely have the sick time, presently.

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,971 Posts
I hope Clint is setting up at least a 2800rpm stall converter. My Edge torque converter is working real good with the ATS trans and Copilot.
Good question... I told him I was looking for 3000 stall.

·
Stu
21,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,647 ·
Took the 05 for another drive. She's running good. Now just have to get the oil pan turbo drain done and a few other small mods. Wrap the down pipe, install the new wiring relays, w/m injection, stuff like that. Not planning on changing anything. It's running the way I want it to. Then get the tune adjusted. Then it's testing & tuning time at the track. SWEET! :)

1641 - 1649 of 1649 Posts