1541 - 1560 of 1604 Posts

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,904 Posts

·
Stu
21,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,542 (Edited)
Don't want it to get louder with a electric exhaust cutout. Looking to keep it as quiet as possible. :brows: That 2000rpm-ish exhaust drone was aggravating when driving on the freeway. :nonono: It's really nice to drive around in now. And best of all, it doesn't attract the popo's attention while just idling at a stop light. It's quieter now than the country boys trucks around here. :whistling: :angel: :devil:

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,904 Posts
Don't want it to get louder with a electric exhaust cutout. Looking to keep it as quiet as possible. :brows: That 2000rpm-ish exhaust drone was aggravating when driving on the freeway. :nonono: It's really nice to drive around in now. And best of all, it doesn't attract the popo's attention while just idling at a stop light. It's quieter now than the country boys trucks around here. :whistling: :angel: :devil:
Country Boys trucks you mean the ones with the *** backwards lift front end up in the air *** dragging the ground... That's about as stupid as it gets..... I'm thinking about changing up the exhaust on my truck to make it quieter also.

·
Stu
21,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,544 (Edited)
Country Boys trucks you mean the ones with the *** backwards lift front end up in the air *** dragging the ground... That's about as stupid as it gets..... I'm thinking about changing up the exhaust on my truck to make it quieter also.

It's just the good ole boys gasser want a be truck... :rofl: :D

·
Administrator
17,801 Posts
That’s an old style springer straight beam setup. Good for racing in a straight line and launches but junk and stupid on the street.

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
Damn, there isn't much I wouldn't attempt to do to a dodge ram but I would draw a line on that one... pure 60's gasser look. I had a 64 chevy ll in the mid 70's I installed a straight axle on. But to my defense I had a bbc engine and had to cut the spring towers out. It drove horribly...

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
He had to put leaf and a coil springs in the front. :ermm:
There appears to be sub frame mounted to the ram original frame that the leaf and coils are fabricated on. There is also a R&P stuck in there with some odd geometry. I can honestly say I have never seen anything quite like it.

·
Greg
19,956 Posts

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
It seems it isn't everyone's cup of tea.. but apparently there is a group that are into the gasser look... remember not that many years ago running DUB (double dime) wheels had little appeal to many of us. I personally am not into anything larger but it again is individual tastes. However looking at them through my personel filter I would call them easy money...
Storytime: In San Francisco area around 1970 there was a short lived craze of using jacked up home made spindles to lift the fronts of mostly tri-fives. Some were 8" or more in height. The rears were also raised with the fronts only slightly higher. After I left the SF area I didn't hear any more about them. But I'm certain this was a short lived group....

·
Stu
21,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,555
In the process of fixing the wiring setup for the fuel pump, radiator electric fan, heat ex-changer fan, intercooler water pump and gauges. Installing a Painless fuse box, and two 70amp relays. There will also be two 70amp fuse holders with matching 70amp relays. The bracket/box has been changeling to build. It's getting there.

Attachments

·
Stu
21,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,556 (Edited)
Going to take advantage of the cooler weather and try to take the 05 to OSW tomorrow night. Just for a base line easy run to see how everything is working with each other. And to see how the 05 drives on a road trip. 7psi boost, no w/m injection, street tires and Caltracs. Changing the shocks out to a softer riding shock.

·
Premium Member
9,537 Posts
Sounds like you are getting it together. Looking forward to seeing your results. I miss our times at OSW. I will have to get my kicks via proxy from now on. Hope everything performs as you wish my friend. Say Hi to April for us.

Come on Keith and Mark lets get your acts together. Can't wait to see the three of you running down the track.

:OldFolks:

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
Any time you can test at the track it's a good time. Enjoy and be safe...

Reactions: arocketman
1541 - 1560 of 1604 Posts