Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2005 Ram 1500 that I put the 5.7 hemi in I have both wire harnesses and pcm but the truck won’t start or do anything someone said I could use the 2005 2500 pcm and that it would work but I’ve already switched the wire harnesses out and everything to the 2008 but that pcm is a auto trans anyone have any advice? Dodge said they didn’t think they could do anything to it to help me out which is just crazy

·
Super Moderator
10,652 Posts
Welcome to our Hemi Truck Family! (y)

·
James
1,498 Posts
So I have a 2005 Ram 1500 that I put the 5.7 hemi in I have both wire harnesses and pcm but the truck won’t start or do anything someone said I could use the 2005 2500 pcm and that it would work but I’ve already switched the wire harnesses out and everything to the 2008 but that pcm is a auto trans anyone have any advice? Dodge said they didn’t think they could do anything to it to help me out which is just crazy
It sounds like SKIM issue. I believe that’s what it’s called. If I’m not mistake Dodge started in their 05 Rams placing a security key. I remember back when I was doing my swap, a guy put a 05 Hemi into a Dakota, and had to take the steering wheel column assembly out of the Dodge Ram too. Then he had his dealership friend come over and reprogram the Skim. When I did my swap, I order a remanufactured PCM from an 05 Ram, but told them to remove all of the security features from the program.

The only other thing I can think of would be a Park/Neutral switch issue. With the truck not knowing if it’s in either of them, it probably wouldn’t start either. Other members should be on in the near future who are a lot more savvy then I am.

You did come to the right place though. As there’s a lot of knowledge on custom builds here. Have a great day, and welcome to the family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts