Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 05 hemi (truck)and looking to do eagle heads swap and Intake need help with parts list and tips !

·
Red Trucker
226 Posts
Is this strictly a head swap or will other pieces (cam, intake manifold, etc) be involved?

·
Super Moderator
10,652 Posts
Welcome to our Hemi Truck Family!! (y)

·
Red Trucker
226 Posts
Have a 05 hemi (truck)and looking to do eagle heads swap and Intake need help with parts list and tips !
Yes cam and intake
Ok, you need to decide what compression ratio you want or are willing to live with; this should be chosen with cam selection. Stock head gasket thickness would allow you to use stock eagle/apache pushrods but will have CR up over 11:1. Thicker head gasket will lower it into the 10's but will require custom length pushrods. I don't know if anyone else does it, but Inertia runs a CNC program that opens the chambers up a bit that gives you about 10.5:1 with stock head gasket.

Which intake manifold were you thinking of? Every factory manifold available besides your original and maybe the 6.1 will require spacers to clear the temp sensor at the front and all will require moving the A/C compressor and alternator out of the way for TB clearance.

Also don't forget to get the correct valve covers with your heads, you can't use your original valve covers due to the different valve length. This will also require use of the newer style coils; you'll need adapters unless you're comfy hacking up your harness yourself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, you need to decide what compression ratio you want or are willing to live with; this should be chosen with cam selection. Stock head gasket thickness would allow you to use stock eagle/apache pushrods but will have CR up over 11:1. Thicker head gasket will lower it into the 10's but will require custom length pushrods. I don't know if anyone else does it, but Inertia runs a CNC program that opens the chambers up a bit that gives you about 10.5:1 with stock head gasket.

Which intake manifold were you thinking of? Every factory manifold available besides your original and maybe the 6.1 will require spacers to clear the temp sensor at the front and all will require moving the A/C compressor and alternator out of the way for TB clearance.

Also don't forget to get the correct valve covers with your heads, you can't use your original valve covers due to the different valve length. This will also require use of the newer style coils; you'll need adapters unless you're comfy hacking up your harness yourself.
so what would you do its going to be a daily just want a little m ore hp the only forsure thing is the cam kit but do want to upgrade intake what do you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,685 Posts
so what would you do its going to be a daily just want a little m ore hp the only forsure thing is the cam kit but do want to upgrade intake what do you recommend?
Not HP but a big jump on the seat dyno would be to install 4:56 gears. Guaranteed smiles coming off the line. (y)(y)

·
Red Trucker
226 Posts
Reread what I wrote about intake manifolds and then answer the question lol. While I'm asking, are you actually thinking of the intake MANIFOLD or the air intake with the filter?

Not HP but a big jump on the seat dyno would be to install 4:56 gears. Guaranteed smiles coming off the line. (y)(y)
This is great UNLESS you have a 4x4 (you're paying for two sets) or you do a large amount of highway driving and actually do highway speeds. I have 4.56's, great for towing and acceleration, terrible for highway use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reread what I wrote about intake manifolds and then answer the question lol. While I'm asking, are you actually thinking of the intake MANIFOLD or the air intake with the filter?

This is great UNLESS you have a 4x4 (you're paying for two sets) or you do a large amount of highway driving and actually do highway speeds. I have 4.56's, great for towing and acceleration, terrible for highway use.
The intake MANIFOLD

·
Red Trucker
226 Posts
Ok, that answers part of it.....I'm guessing you misunderstood what "reread what I wrote about intake manifolds" means......here, let me help you. Reread THIS:
Pay particular attention to the last part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts