Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
took the ole Girl out for Micky D's run, beat the balls of the thing, ran great , but it stalled pulling in to the par space........came back out , it wouldn't start , it would turn over and catch at the last second, then die, tried a few more times, it would turn over then catch and die, it was acting like it skipped a tooth on the timing chain......... let it sit, then tried it again it started , no codes ......any idea's ? this thing is 100% stock

·
John
4,177 Posts
took the ole Girl out for Micky D's run, beat the balls of the thing, ran great , but it stalled pulling in to the par space........came back out , it wouldn't start , it would turn over and catch at the last second, then die, tried a few more times, it would turn over then catch and die, it was acting like it skipped a tooth on the timing chain......... let it sit, then tried it again it started , no codes ......any idea's ? this thing is 100% stock
Check your fuel pump, sounds like it is on it's way out.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Check your fuel pump, sounds like it is on it's way out.
redoing the fuel system is on the list of things I want to do , Maybe I'll just move it up the list.

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Ric, I have found when it'll crank and not start to turn it off, push the throttle to the floor and hold it there and crank the engine.. the engine will explode to life.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeap did it again , there was a posting on FB a while back about this truck for sale not far from me, I went to look at it , and we agreed on a good price , took a while to get the title straightened out ...............BUT as of TODAY she's HOME YEAHHHHHHHHH . 116k on the clock , it's still 99% stock, OEM wheels are LONG gone, but this one did come with the "birth certificate" which ironically this is the only GTX/GTxtreme I own with one.
Bed has it's issues above the wheel wells , but the tailgate is Rust free, my 05 Plum truck tailgate is a rotted chunk but the Bed is perfect ....LOL

No it won't stay stock....just not sure how far I'll take this one.
Hey man. Check out these three DR trucks for sale on Craigslist near Austin Texas. One is a purple GTX, a yellow GTX and a yellow Rumble Bee...

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/d/leander-have-3-for-sale-2004-rumble-bee/7051877603.html

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw his Facebook post a few weeks back, I think he's 5-7k high on the GTX's If I hit the powerball tonight I'll offer him 30k for all 3....LOL
I totally agree. If the GTX's were closer to $10,000 I would consider buying the purple truck. I don't think he will get anything close to $17,000 for a 16 year old Ram 1500 even with a special option package like the GTX.

They are cool trucks for sure.

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
Fuel pump or crank sensor most likely. Only two symptoms that won’t toss codes on a Ram I have found so far unless left unplugged.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I totally agree. If the GTX's were closer to $10,000 I would consider buying the purple truck. I don't think he will get anything close to $17,000 for a 16 year old Ram 1500 even with a special option package like the GTX.

They are cool trucks for sure.

Last Email I got from him he says he's Headed to MeCum auction in April , the Yellow one will get 12-15k there , might go Higher , the Plum truck is a 10k truck , I've been talking to these guys about this Sublime truck
https://www.hartefamilymotors.com/i...14J198769/Used-2004-Dodge-RAM-1500-Meriden-CT

They started at 17 now down to 9k , knock another couple off it and that was what the offer was to me yesterday if I come get it by Friday.

I will own one of Each color for the 04 Model Year, 05 doesn't matter that much to me...besides only so much room in the toy box.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Last Email I got from him he says he's Headed to MeCum auction in April , the Yellow one will get 12-15k there , might go Higher , the Plum truck is a 10k truck , I've been talking to these guys about this Sublime truck
https://www.hartefamilymotors.com/i...14J198769/Used-2004-Dodge-RAM-1500-Meriden-CT

They started at 17 now down to 9k , knock another couple off it and that was what the offer was to me yesterday if I come get it by Friday.

I will own one of Each color for the 04 Model Year, 05 doesn't matter that much to me...besides only so much room in the toy box.
That is a super clean 2004 DR. I have a special place in my Mopar heart for Sublime Green.

For the price offer that they made to you if it were me I would jump all over it. Super low miles and the interior is in excellent shape.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
21 - 34 of 34 Posts