Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
03 QC 2500 392 stroker
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing alot of research after putting my stroker together and getting ready to do the 05 pcm swap. Going to have hotwire do the harness with there pcm. only thing that doesn't make sense is the extra o2 sensor wiring. And it seems everything else will plug right in. does this sound correct.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,822 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the HEMI Truck Club Forum. Enjoy your Ride and the Site.
You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you.
Glad you could join us!

·
Red Trucker
317 Posts
Been doing alot of research after putting my stroker together and getting ready to do the 05 pcm swap. Going to have hotwire do the harness with there pcm. only thing that doesn't make sense is the extra o2 sensor wiring. And it seems everything else will plug right in. does this sound correct.
That's because you aren't familiar with the stock 2003 exhaust system. Stock 2003 5.7 only has 1 cat, only requiring 1 upstream and 1 downstream sensor. 2004 on have 2 cats; the 2005 PCM will require 2 ups and 2 downs, hence needing the extra O2 sensor wiring.

·
Registered
03 QC 2500 392 stroker
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know where exactly to put these o2 sensors. Since my truck only has one cat. Or do they just get tuned out. And not actually installed In exhaust

·
Administrator
18,122 Posts
If you have emmisions in your state then you will need to ditch your factory catt and run the 2005 y pipe. If you don’t have them then you will still need to add the upstream for bank 2 bare minimum and tune out the lower sensors no catts needed.

·
Registered
03 QC 2500 392 stroker
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wasn't sure how its supposed to be done. Still trying to figure it all out. I have short headers so I need to get the 05 y pipes left and right. And remove my existing cat?

·
Red Trucker
317 Posts
Your shorties (without knowing which brand you have) should have a bung on each one that would give you a spot for an upstream on each side. If you need to emissions test you may as well get the 05 cat setup; after the EPA crackdown it's getting harder to find any tuner that will disable emissions devices or tune anything that has them disabled or removed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts