Hemi Truck Club banner

How do I wire a srt4 map?

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  kcd1369 
#1 ·
How do I go about wiring up an srt4 map for a turbo setup?
I know those maps have very finicky voltage readings, from afar I've heard.
If anyone knows anything let me know thank you!

#2 ·
What tuning strategy are you using or considering using?

#3 ·
I've decided to stay with CMR for the time being, but I've been speaking with fast and this time next year I'll hopefully be running a FAST xfi/xim combo w/ boost option, Full standalone. Once I get it all wired to 05 PCM and map wired and tuned ill post up my build thread. I've got a ton of pics and videos.

#4 · (Edited)
Before attempting to go stand alone I would recommend first controlling the transmission so the PCM limp mode won't interfere with the trans. You might take a look at my Megasquirt attempt. I may try this again but you can bet a trans conversion will be done first. Good luck.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/forums/f169/megasquirt-5736.html

#5 ·
Before attempting to go stand alone I would recommend first controlling the transmission so the PCM limp mode won't interfere with the trans. You might take a look at my Megasquirt attempt. I may try this again but you can bet a trans conversion will be done first. Good luck.
When I go standalone, I'm going 4L80E at the se time. 545 can suck one lol.

#10 ·
#14 ·
Has anyone had issues with aftermarket MAP sensors not fitting?
I pushed down on it by accident while working on the rear spark plugs and cracked the casing. I tried 3 different aftermarket brands and all of them had this extra molding of plastic that would not allow me to make the 1/4 turn to lock it in. I ended up just gorilla gluing it. So far so good for 2 months.

Anyone else had this issue? :confused: The fit, not the glue. :facepalm:

#16 ·
Has anyone had issues with aftermarket MAP sensors not fitting?
I pushed down on it by accident while working on the rear spark plugs and cracked the casing. I tried 3 different aftermarket brands and all of them had this extra molding of plastic that would not allow me to make the 1/4 turn to lock it in. I ended up just gorilla gluing it. So far so good for 2 months.

Anyone else had this issue? :confused: The fit, not the glue. :facepalm:
It's been awhile since I messed with mine (03) but the last time I went to the dealer to buy one they didn't have one for a 03 and acted like they couldn't get one. I wasn't overly concerned as I was just looking for one to do some testing with. But I remember the replacement MAP needed to have a piece shaved off of it so it would turn. Here is a picture of the original MAP sensor from a 03.

#18 ·
That's the one Greg. The aftermarket ones have some extra plastic on the end. The glue is holding fine. I guess I just need to take the new one to a grinder. Was just wondering if there was a good one out there. Thanks for confirming.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.