Hemi Truck Club banner

04 slt

4K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  ric3xrt 
#1 ·
I wanted to look at this truck back in May, then I had my health issues, so fast forward to 2 weeks ago, had some money that wanted to be spent on a "daily" driver. I looked at a few trucks and nothing worked out people either sold them the day before or no one would return my call, Sooooooooooooooo I took a chance Texted this guy Named Kevin to see if this truck had been sold....Low and Behold Nope, we settled on a price and I picked it up yesterday.
Truck is out of Flemington Nj, Kevin was a member on NA Dodge and Dodge talk.
It's an 04 SLT 5.7 Hemi, It has Comp 268 Cam , "big Valve heads" Edge 2800 Converter, 4.56s with an Eaton Tru track, He had told me it was a Hemi fever 268 tune it went 13.70s at Atco on 20s with street tires , it runs good ,has a B&M shifter, the cable is stretched.... so no Park,. Plans are up in the air , 1st thing is to get the shifter worked out then Maybe a TKO 500/600 conversion. change the front cover over to the passenger , I do plan on changing the intake to either a Edlebrock or the passenger car not sure.

Paint is not too bad, has small dent on the driver's side front fender. part of me is thinking color change either Plum Crazy or Black.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
some more photo's Been looking for a RCSB for daily for while , something to just hope in and go to the track, something that's not all out , something street able.

Attachments

#3 ·
Looks good, pretty hard to stretch the cable. Probably wrong shifter lever on the trans...

Reactions: ric3xrt
#4 ·
58k org miles ,
I'll try and get under it tomorrow and see what the deal is, I'm thinking it was not set up properly. might just return it to stock column shift for now.

#19 ·
It’s been proven a 3400-3600 will get it in the 12s and probably needs a retune since timing got better. That same set up went 12.4 NA at 4250lbs but with a 3600 stall

#7 ·
#8 ·
Pulled the B&M shifter out of it and and just put a stock cable back in it..Now I have a hole in the rug to look at.

#9 ·
Park work?

#11 ·
Sounds strong... nice find...
Stu has a a mod man..

#13 ·
Let me know if you want to sell it.

#14 ·
Reactions: Redtruck-VA
#15 ·
Iove the gangsta look!

#16 ·
So yesterday I pulled out the B&M shifter and hooked up the stock shifter, used the cable I had left over from the 05"drag Truck" so today I go out to move it(no I didn't test it yesterday) and WTF no Park.....well I done learneded something today.....there is this Yellow Clip that allows the cable to "adjust" 1st photos of the "clip" locked down and the 2nd is of it "not locked"

this answers the Question of Why I never had park when I bought the "05 4.7 truck...the clip had been pulled up and allowed the cable to "stretch"

Attachments

#17 ·
Well after the Trans adventure I started to clean out the truck and Look what I found under the center console

SCT,Super Chips and Diablo tuners not pictured is an Innovate wideband lc1 system...no O2 sensor but the rest of the kit.

Attachments

#18 ·
Well I finally found a few extra nickles to rub together and get this thing register here in Pa....drove it around (legally) for a bit put about 40 miles on it, ran fine....gating up the parts for the trans swap , I want to get that done soon, and then a 2/4 drop....or maybe the 2/4 drop and then the trans.

Reactions: Redtruck-VA
#20 ·
What’s the plans for this one? That’s almost a barnyard find now and days in that good condition and low miles

#21 ·
Plans are fluid right now, I want to swap it over to a TKO 500 I have sitting on the bench, need to get a bellhousing , I have one of the lakewood, ones here from the mid 2000's but I want something newer for the current SFI ratings. a 2/4 drop has to happen , I don't like the "floating on top of the rd feeling"
My buddy Brian and I ran the 04 against my Lil Red at our local Mexico spot
a few nights back , I put a length on the Lil Red ...so it might be a high 12sec ride at this point, tires would help it's got Goodyear eagle somethings on it, tires are as hard as a rock, the lil Red put 3 on me off the start, I got out in front mid 2nd but in 3rd it wouldn't pull on the Red, the Lil Red runs 12.70s like Swiss watch at Maple Grove. On the street It's probably low 13/High 12s the "app" said 12.95 FWIW
I got a 363(3.937X3.72)short block sitting here, I'm on the fence about putting it in and using the BV heads or just go Eagle heads and an OCP intake , I don't know if it would be a plus if I decide to sell the truck but then again and all forge G3 might be a selling point.

put about another 40 on it yesterday, it hunted around for an idle after I hit the brakes hard , sat at that light and fished the whole time between 800 and 1500 , but was normal at the next stop light. It stalled once going in to reverse in to a parking space, want to go over the tune when I can, I know the last tune written for it was in 2017.
I have two 330ci Coyote's and a 427ci SB2 to get done before Monday so I won't have any more time to f with it this week , and the weather here in Pa is going to be crap till Tuesday(really rethinking this whole move south thing)

#23 ·
put about 200 miles on her yesterday, it's not doing that Idle fishing thing as much , but it has throw a 0420 code. Cats are supposed to be new so I'm thinking it might be an O2 sensor......I have to spend some time with it this week and go over the tune and get a wide band on it.

#24 ·
#26 ·
Well Got her to Island Yesterday, Best run was a 13.45 @100.xx truck weighs 4735 with me in it, that was the best 60 foot also, went 1.86 ran the M&H 275-17. it keep shifting in to OD around the 1000ft mark, so I kept letting off it didn't want to be in OD under full throttle.....could done longer burn outs the tires still have the nubs on them .left them at 26lbs didnn't want to play with it too much....I was just glad to be at the track ........ 1st run was 13.57, then a 13.49 , best of the day was the 3rd run, got a total of 5 runs in ,went in to the 2nd round of "Mopar at the Patch Modern Muscle" class had to leave so I dropped out before the 3rd round...only 4 of us left and the remaining guys were better on their dial ins. I got lucky 1st round, I went 13.70 on a 13.45 Dial in, the other guy went 12.15 on a 12.15, but red lighted.... I'll be hitting Maple Grove on the 26th ,

#27 ·
Change in Trany plans, I was gathering up the parts to swap to a TKO , and WHAM a 46RE with 47 internals ,and a Trans go shift kit. just Dropped in my lap(ok I have to pick it up this weekend) just need a good converter.

#28 ·
I used a 2800 from Edge that worked good. Felt like a 3000 stall. Martin can build you a custom converter to support your needs, including transbrake suitable.

Reactions: kcd1369
#32 ·
Just recieved from Rockauto a 05 2500 manual trans starter motor for the 46rh trans for the willys. You can also use a starter motor from the 46rh/47 original vehicle..

Reactions: ric3xrt
#34 ·
In a perfect world the 1.856 60ft time would get you an ideal 1/4 Mile time of 13.35 @ 99.20s , the 1k foot would be an 11.08 and I'm at 11.18 , so there's a -.10th right there, 330 ideally would be 5.36 and I'm at 5.46 so it lost a 10th in between 60 ft and 330ft and just never gained it back.

Reactions: Ghost03hemi
#36 ·
If I had the spare coin to spend right now, I'd fly down and drive it home, love how that ruck looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.