Hemi Truck Club banner

04 gtx #378

3K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Ghost03hemi 
#1 ·
Yeap did it again , there was a posting on FB a while back about this truck for sale not far from me, I went to look at it , and we agreed on a good price , took a while to get the title straightened out ...............BUT as of TODAY she's HOME YEAHHHHHHHHH . 116k on the clock , it's still 99% stock, OEM wheels are LONG gone, but this one did come with the "birth certificate" which ironically this is the only GTX/GTxtreme I own with one.
Bed has it's issues above the wheel wells , but the tailgate is Rust free, my 05 Plum truck tailgate is a rotted chunk but the Bed is perfect ....LOL

No it won't stay stock....just not sure how far I'll take this one.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hemi Truck country!

#3 ·
I need a bigger toy box, it's overflowing LOL .

#7 ·
2nd thing on the list, 1st is the step bars,I know where there is a set of the OEM wheels but not sure if I want to spend the money on them or just get a set of chrome race stars.....

#8 ·
I have line on one about an hour north of me, it's a rot bucket....shame you don't want an 04 with some work done to it already.

#14 ·
That a very dear truck to it's owner. $28,500 sounds like it's original sticker price...

#18 ·
there are 3 of them with in 100 ,miles of me on FB , just as nice, same mileage range for 1/2 that price, and there are 4 of them in the same area for the same price not as nice....LOL the 4 dr are an odd thing, I've seen a few on different CL adds around 4k with 100k+ miles , the 2drs some of those guys think the have a Hemi Cuda.

#19 ·
Being a long time admirer of gen3 trucks I think the various trucks with trim packages having a reqistered serial number would be more impressive if they included performance bits and pieces from the SRT Viper platform such as manual gearbox, tighter suspension big brakes. Hell, I think the Viper truck with a V8 would have easily out sold the V10. A 6.1 would have made a great SRT truck engine.. my 2 cents..

Reactions: SUPER BEE
#20 · (Edited)
Totally agree one of these specialty trucks should of gotten the 6.1 and the 6 speed, would of taken about 300lbs off the nose of the truck and made it a much better pacakge , but the SRT guys had it out for the Lightning and wanted to put a BIG nail in the coffin of the svt truck.
the SRT 10 trucks
04=3057
05=4097
06=2373

Rumble Bee is abit of a controversy , DCX was only going to produce 3700 for 04 , but some dealerships made their own. in 2005 DCX was going to limit the run to 3700 also , but again some dealerships decided to make a few of their own...one thing is for sure DCX NEVER made a QC Rumble bee ....PERIOD . estimates put the actual #s between 9700 and 9800 .
Daytona's are interesting, the Plaque # is not a sequential # it's bassed on where the truck was in line at the time of ordering , the highest # recorded so far is 10790 .
Go ManGo!
2wd RC - 954
2wd QC- 1,061
4x4 RC - 1,260
4x4 QC - 1,768
Total Go ManGo! Daytona's - 5,043
Metallic Silver
2wd RC- 660
2wd QC - 1,110
4x4 RC - 627
4x4 QC - 1,258
Total Metallic Silver Daytona's - 3,655
Total Numbers of Daytona's - 8,698
The GTX is an 04 only model , According to some internet sources LA West says the break down is
211 Hemi Orange
97 Sublime Green
72 Plum Crazy
53 Top Banana Yellow
1 Cool Vanilla
434 TOTAL
Hemi Orange RC-196, 15-QC,
Sublime RC- 90 ,7- QC
Plum Crazy -68 RC, 4-QC
53 Top Banana RC

Legend Motors Worldwide bought LA West in 02/03 and closed them down on 2007 , The guy I know at LMW says their records show for 04
217 Hemi Orange,(196-RC ,21-QC)
72 Sublime (65-RC 7-QC)
72 Plum crazy (68-RC 4-QC)
72 Top banana all RC
1 Cool Vanilla only one is RC.

05 GTxtreme #s are
Orange 66 (56 RC 10 QC)
Sublime 44 (37 RC 9)
Plum Crazy 19 ( 12 RC 7 QC)
Top Banana (15 ALL RC)
Black 14 (All RC
Cool Vanilla, 8 (6 RC 2 QC)

Total of 156

No break down between 4x2 and 4x4 , also the "oem" American Racing wheels, all 04s got them, the 05's up to # 0072 got them after that they got the "butterfly wheel" the chrome was flaking off as early as 6 months after sale.

GTX name was dropped after pressure from Mopar groups complaining about the GTX name on a Dodge...so 05 it became GTxtreme.......Mopar lovers....My God are we a odd bunch.

#21 ·
took the ole Girl out for Micky D's run, beat the balls of the thing, ran great , but it stalled pulling in to the par space........came back out , it wouldn't start , it would turn over and catch at the last second, then die, tried a few more times, it would turn over then catch and die, it was acting like it skipped a tooth on the timing chain......... let it sit, then tried it again it started , no codes ......any idea's ? this thing is 100% stock

#24 ·
Ric, I have found when it'll crank and not start to turn it off, push the throttle to the floor and hold it there and crank the engine.. the engine will explode to life.

#26 ·
I saw his Facebook post a few weeks back, I think he's 5-7k high on the GTX's If I hit the powerball tonight I'll offer him 30k for all 3....LOL

#33 ·
just little foreshadowing.......some cutting going on soon

Attachments

Reactions: Redtruck-VA
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.