"HEMIbillies" of Georgia !!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > State Chapters of HTC.com > Georgia Chapter

Old 11-07-2004, 04:02 AM   #1

"HEMIbillies" of Georgia !!!

The time is at hand for us to step up to the plate and hunker down. We have the choice of driving these sweeeet trucks through the twisting climbing roads of the Blue Ridge Mountains.We can cruise miles of beach along our east coast.We can drive to the edge and in some cases through one of the strangest places on the planet,the Okeefenokee Swamplands.There are lakes all over this state to enjoy any time of year with no danger of ice.We have the sprawling metropolis of Atlanta with the kind of adventure only the energy and movement of a large city provides.To put it in proper southern terms,"Us HEMIbillies is in high cotton." Let's get a count of our numbers going right now.Tell me where you roam when you are in your trucks.Tell me how old you are.You Georgia folks have the huge advantage of being able to sponge off of my genius and get in on the ground floor of this group.That is one hell of a deal! Remember, I am not trying to sell you anything here.I am trying to hook us up with big time fun gatherings.I will start the count....I am 20 miles west of Atlanta.I am 40, and drive all over this state.I have been known to have a beer or two with friends.The count now stands at "one".The next guy or gal will be "two", hehehe.I think you understand the concept.I know we all keep different hours, so get here when you can and give a shout.Here are the hours I keep....

MrBigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2004, 05:58 AM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage

Great to have you back MBW
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:38 AM   #3

I guess I am "Number Two". which could be good or bad depending on your thoughts at the time. I am 40 as well and live in Augusta, GA, which is where the Masters tournament is held. Haven't been all over the state, but been to the "Big" city of Hotlanta a few times.
GT 155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #4

I have a subdivision out to the east of lake Oconee.Straight out I-20.Usually take a couple of fishing rods with me if I go there for trying my luck on the way home.Thank god we only built a few houses out there though.Reynolds Plantation is the name of that developement.Driving two hours one way to make a half hour repair, then turning around and driving two more hours back is made more tolerable by the HEMI and its eagerness for open roads.Nice people out there though.The cool thing about this state is that theoretically any two members could meet with a maximum drive time of just over two hours each.With most of the population being in the upper part of the state most of us can meet with an hour or so on the clock.(notice I didn't say northern part of the state.We southerners hate to admit anything about us is northern...hehehe)A place like Texas is different.Ssychomama is going to have some fun trying to work the logistics out for the lone star state.I can just see the driving directions to a meeting..."Get on I-20 west and drive until the sun sets...when it rises again look for exit 23,456, go north on Long Assed Road for three hours...." Hehehe.That is one big damned place!I want to spend some time there wandering around before it's all over.Back to Georgia for now...I have in the works a few inspired but hush hush events which are in the planning/ haggling phase.Can't elaborate just yet...got to be sure first or I will jinx it.All of you sound off as soon as you read this post.Let's "Git-R-Done!"
Old 11-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #5

I can hardly wait to meet everbody
Old 11-07-2004, 09:36 PM   #6

i guees that makes me "number 3" im 17 i live in dallas about 30 mi west of atl. i've ran in too MBW around town thats who got me here
ramit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #7

All right, enuf is enuf! It is time for the rest of you Georgians to belly up to the bar! (one of my favorite places) time to get this party started!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #8

We are looking for the non candy assed Georgia folks to sound off and be counted.Are you going to let Texas whup yer butts?Where are my southern brothers and sisters?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:28 PM   #9
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage

Hey Bigwood...you need me to brang the dawgs down thar and hep you runum outa them woods?
Be thar afore mornin???
And I'd come wet...by at least a case or three ...on ice of course.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:50 PM   #10

LMAO Rancher