GTG - WINGS & WHEELS CAR SHOW SAT, OCT 9, 2010, Robins AFB, GA - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > State Chapters of HTC.com > Georgia Chapter

Old 09-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #1

GTG - WINGS & WHEELS CAR SHOW SAT, OCT 9, 2010, Robins AFB, GA

http://www.museumofaviation.org/carshow.php

WINGS & WHEELS CAR SHOW
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2010

[img]http://www.museumofaviation.org/_images/Car-Show-Rotate-1.gif">

Warner Robins, Georgia -- The 18th Annual Wings and Wheels Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show will be held at the Museum of Aviation on Saturday, October 9, 2010. A special guest at this year’s show will be Ann Hansen, star of TV and radio ads for Lowe Toyota and a motorcycle drag racer herself. She will bring her drag bike to the show for spectators to view.
Wings and Wheels draws over 250 vintage, classic and customized cars, trucks and motorcycles, worth a combined total of over $7 million. The annual show benefits the Museum of Aviation, one of the largest education-focused aviation museums in the United States. The show is free to the public from 9 am-5 pm.

Vehicle entrants will compete for over 100 trophies in 52 different classes and have free chances to win door prizes and cash giveaways. Vehicle entrants will get free entry blanks for a $500 cash giveaway and twenty entrants will win a $25 cash prize during the day. Special trophies will include five "Best in Show[/img]
The “Savage” Monster Truck will also be at the show offering rides around the Museum grounds. The 600-horsepower truck can safely transport up to 11 people at a time. Entertaining this year will be the Dance Explosion Clogging Team from Wrightsville, GA. "Wings and Wheels is the largest one-day public attended event held at the Museum each year with approximately 8,000 spectators," said Bob Dubiel, Museum Director of Marketing. "It's fun for the whole family with, oldies DJ Tommy Landrum, aircraft models on display, kiddie car races, food and car-related vendors and aircraft open to the public. Spectators can also win prizes and bid on items in a silent auction. A 50/50 drawing will also be held.

Registration
Vehicle registration for Wings and Wheels is $20 prior to October 1st and $25 after that. Active duty, active Reserve or National Guard Military members receive a $5 discount at registration. Vehicles "For Sale" may enter a non-competitive "Car Corral" for $15. Registration is available on two websites: www.museumofaviation.org or www.wingsandwheelscarshow.com.

Kiddie Car Races
Children ages 3-8 also get into the fun at Wings and Wheels with Kiddie Car Races held in the Freedom Park Picnic Area between 10 am- 12 noon. For $5 each child receives rides a provided battery-operated car down the simulated runway in the picnic area and gets a winner's certificate and bag of gifts following the race. Advance reservations are not required.

Poker Fun Run
A Poker Fun Run will also be held the night before on Friday, October 8. Registration is held at the Museum between 6:00 pm-6:45 pm. Any type vehicle can participate and more than one player can ride in a vehicle. Each player buys as many "hands" as desired for $10 each and goes to several merchants in Warner Robins to draw a card. The fun run ends at Hooters and Steak and Shake at Margie Drive near Watson Blvd where DJ Tommy Landrum provides music and prizes are handed out. Additional door prizes are presented there and a 50/50 cash drawing is also held. The best 5-card hand wins $75, second best $50 and third best $25. This year, instant win cards will be added to the prizes. The event usually draws over 100 entrants.

WINGS AND WHEELS SCHEDULE
Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010
8:00 am-11:30 am
Competition vehicle registration-Pavilion #1
9:00 am-5:30 pm
Gates open to the public-park at Anchor Glass
10:00 am-4:00 pm
Silent Auction and T-Shirt sales -Pavilion #2
10:00 am-12 noon
Kiddie Car Races-Freedom Park Picnic Area
10:30 am
Judges meeting-Eagle Building
Noon-3:30 pm
Vehicle judging
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
‘Dance Explosion’ Clogging Team
4:45 pm
Awards ceremony-Freedom Park Picnic Area

Giles Grimshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #2

Is there a cost to just come and enjoy all of the cars? Also what kind of places to stay are around (camping, hotel), that is a good little ways away for most of us.
HEMI COMMANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #3

Free

Plenty of Hotels on Watson Blvd. Some by Hooters (Warner Robins).

Camping on base.

Center of State is the location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #4

Quote:
quote:Camping on base.
Can anyone camp on base or is that just for soliders?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #5

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HEMI COMMANDER:
Quote:
quote:Camping on base.
Can anyone camp on base or is that just for soliders?
Authorized Users - Active, National Guard, Reservists, Retired, 100% DAV, DoD Civilians, Guests

[img]http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/images/stories/jreviews/tn/tn_96_Robins006_1267844237.JPG">

Phone Number (478) 926-4500 (10AM-2PM)

[url]http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/component/content/article/49-georgia/96-warner-robins-afb-famcamp[/img]http://www.militarycampgrounds...r-robins-afb-famcamp
Old 09-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

So I guess I would fall into the guest department? Are you on base?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #7

No, I am not on base, but my Uncle camps there all the time. Nice and quiet with a lake and hiking trails.

You would have to ask them to define guests. My uncle is retired. I am Active Duty Air Guard nonetheless, and been here at this base for 15 years. I don't remember them ever asking for an ID.

I think the trick is just getting on base with a Camper. There is only one truck gate to pull the camper through. I would have to meet you there, but it is possible. Since 9/11 it has been close to 100% ID checks to get on base. I'm sure there are other local camp grounds around, I just don't use a camper. There is a brand new camper store only a few miles up on I-75 too. Byron/Warner Robins area. I am sure they could point you in the right direction. If my house wasn't on a large hill, you could pull up there. Another reason I don't have a camper.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #8

FYI, some guys/gals and their trucks from VTCOA will be in small attendance also. Plus, some from the SRTConnection.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #9

WE don't use a camper either we like to tent camp. I will keep looking into things and we might beable to make it.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #10

I've never been here but it is close:

INTERSTATE CAMPGROUNDS 305 CHAPMAN RD BYRON GA 31008-7054 478-956-5511

I camp at Ben Hawkins in Byron also, but it revolves around Cub and Boy Scouts.

http://www.rvparkstore.com/directory...rv%20parks.htm

Camping World
http://www.campingworld.com/