Hemi Truck Club banner

Maintenance work

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  hemic03 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I just bought my first Hemi, an 04 CC 4 x 4 with 30k on it. I've had it for a couple of days now and really like it, it is a huge step up from my 99 regular cab ram with a 318. The reason for this post is I'm curious where is a good place to take this thing for maintenance? I'd like to get plugs, wires, fluid changes all around but I'm not sure if the dealer is the best place for this. Any suggestions or experiences will be appreciated.

This forum is an excellent resource and I'm glad to have found it.

BTW, I'm in the Chesterfield, Macomb area.

#2 ·

#3 ·

#6 ·

I always take mine to Sterling Hieghts Dodge. The reason? They send me coupons in the mail for oil changes for $14.99 I can barely do it myself for that much. Plus there are other coupons for other maintainance items.

#8 ·
I reccomend doing all that you can your self that is what I do but I am weird like that

I had a more specific question not to steal your thred H3MIRAM but, my truck just rolled over to 30,000 and I wondered if I should get the trans flushed and where

I live south of detroit

also it says in the manual you have to have your bands adjusted WFT does that mean

oh yea
H3MIRAM

#9 ·
Welcome aboard H3MIRAM! The dealership is most likely going to be the most expensive... but you know it'll be done right. I would try to find a reputable shop - ask around... word of mouth usually is the best advertising for good shops. Do not go to a "Quicky Lube" place.

GONE1445 - yes... get the tranny fluid flushed (plus two new filters). The above info applies to you too

#10 ·
H3MIRAM welcome aboard.

I don't like dealerships myself, but like joker said sometimes they have a deal that u can't pass up, not sure about how reliable the mt. clemens dodge is over by u. If u want a place that will do it right and not have the dealership threatics "when's my car gonna be ready type stuff?" go to B&G Chrysler. It's a little far from u, but they have chrysler mechanics that work out at the tech center part time and follow correct torque specs for everything so u know your in good hands. Price is very fair and u would be able to get your truck in whenever u want practically. Here is the site if your interested.
http://www.bgchrysler.com/index.html

#11 ·
Gone1445 - go to b&g chrysler for the tranny flush. I know it's a hike for u, just tell dave that u want amsoil tranny fluid for your flush, my flush was only $109 with amsoil.

#12 ·
DO NOT GO TO MT. CLEMENS DODGE. When my catalytic converter dissintagrated on my '95 Ram, they tried to charge me $700 for a whole new exhaust system!!! And that was with the service reps. "discount"

#13 ·
man why are all the good places on the other side of detroit

I need a speed shope down here there has to be one I live a stones throw from milan drag way

oh well I might go check it out if I ever get time after school not too far from dearborn

and what about the bands getting adjusted??
WTF does that mean

and do you have to go to a shop to get the tranny flushed or can you do it your self

god I need a grage and then I will buy all this cool stuff and do everything my self

maybe even start doin it for other people for like 5 bucks plus parts hmmmm

thanks man

#14 ·
I am pretty sure they mean just a band. That's what holds the guts to your tranny in place. I would take your truck to a shop either the dealer or a speciality shop that does that kinda of work. They got the suction machines that get every bit of fluid out, doing it yourself and dropping the pan doesn't get a whole lot of fluid out of there.

#15 ·
ok

I might see how much it is at the dealer by my house they are pretty good I just like to go to the little guy places figure they need the business more

one shop here called trenton transmisson used to be great but the guy that owned it turned it over to his son and now it sucks( I will see if they turned things around tho it was a long time ago that they screwed up)

#16 ·
quote:Originally posted by hemic03:
Gone1445 - go to b&g chrysler for the tranny flush. I know it's a hike for u, just tell dave that u want amsoil tranny fluid for your flush, my flush was only $109 with amsoil.
Stopped by there yesterday, Dave said he won't be able to do any work for at least a month maybe longer. He just moved building and hasn't passed inspection yet.

G
#18 ·
As long as your truck is under warranty, I would stick with dealer service. An example might be if some shop other than the dealer, cross threaded your oil pan drain and plug and all of a sudden you have a leak under your truck; you could possibly play hell to get it fixed by some mechanics shop. Where as the dealer would fix it (hopefully) without question or cost.

#19 ·
H3MIRAM - bummer man,I had no idea they were moving. I know they shared there big garage with another small time tranny place next store. If not for there moving u would have been able to get it in right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.