We Are Closer To The “Big Move” - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > State Chapters of HTC.com > Colorado Chapter

Old 08-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Without going into much detail, in the last month my wife and I have been through a series of events that we knew was eventually going to happen. We just never expected it to happen so quickly or the way it happened (My latter comment “might” find us on the local news, in a month or so, over the sad state of senior care one receives in hospitals and assisted living/rehabilitation centers). Bottom line, is now we have enough assets to start building our dream in Salida, CO . Yesterday, I was given the “green light” to jump back into my design-drafting business, fire-up the cad and to start the preliminaries for our very own custom home. We are looking to begin construction in spring or summer of 2012.

This November we are planning a quick working vacation there to investigate companies and logistics about having a well and septic placed on our 2.6 acres. Next would be a contractor to build only a shell for our home and to have it dried-in. Hopefully, if everything goes according to plan, that would place me there during fall or winter of 2012 and I can finish, or have it sub-contracted out, the way we would like to have it done – I want “low maintenance” everything. Meanwhile, as I place the finishing touches on our new home, my wife will be wrapping up our business ties in AZ. Right now, for the first time, I feel I have both feet planted firmly in each state (CO & AZ). This time next year, I can look forward to having one foot planted firmly in CO and my toes in AZ (My parents are still living and I am a responsible lonely-only in my family).

The most difficult thing about leaving AZ will be leaving all our friends behind.

CO, to us, offers new places and adventures to go four-wheelin', fly fishing, camping, hiking, open spaces, less traffic and to watch an occasional cleansing rain storm. More importantly spending more quality time with my wife in a relaxed, friendly town in a new custom home surrounded with clean air, unlimited clean water and views...

This will be the view from our Great Room.
I can't wait!

Old 08-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Without going into much detail, in the last month my wife and I have been through a series of events that we knew was eventually going to happen. We just never expected it to happen so quickly or the way it happened (My latter comment “might” find us on the local news, in a month or so, over the sad state of senior care one receives in hospitals and assisted living/rehabilitation centers). Bottom line, is now we have enough assets to start building our dream in Salida, CO . Yesterday, I was given the “green light” to jump back into my design-drafting business, fire-up the cad and to start the preliminaries for our very own custom home. We are looking to begin construction in spring or summer of 2012.

This November we are planning a quick working vacation there to investigate companies and logistics about having a well and septic placed on our 2.6 acres. Next would be a contractor to build only a shell for our home and to have it dried-in. Hopefully, if everything goes according to plan, that would place me there during fall or winter of 2012 and I can finish, or have it sub-contracted out, the way we would like to have it done – I want “low maintenance” everything. Meanwhile, as I place the finishing touches on our new home, my wife will be wrapping up our business ties in AZ. Right now, for the first time, I feel I have both feet planted firmly in each state (CO & AZ). This time next year, I can look forward to having one foot planted firmly in CO and my toes in AZ (My parents are still living and I am a responsible lonely-only in my family).

The most difficult thing about leaving AZ will be leaving all our friends behind.

CO, to us, offers new places and adventures to go four-wheelin', fly fishing, camping, hiking, open spaces, less traffic and to watch an occasional cleansing rain storm. More importantly spending more quality time with my wife in a relaxed, friendly town in a new custom home surrounded with clean air, unlimited clean water and views...

This will be the view from our Great Room.
I can't wait!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Director Emeritus

Garage
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Queen Kima - Whemi BOD

Mrs.Studmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #6

I was so excited to leave az and now have no desire to go back
Phil N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil N:
I was so excited to leave az and now have no desire to go back
I am 3rd gen native to AZ. You can only imagine how much I have seen changed through the 50 plus years I have been here. Without going into too much detail, I'll always stop short of explaining our reasons for leaving AZ and only explain it this way...

Quote:
Originally posted by RockyMtnXpress:
That's it! No looking back...No Regrets!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
"Bob"

Garage
Jim
Old 08-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #9

Best of luck to you!

azhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Thanks everyone!