Superchips updated tune - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > State Chapters of HTC.com > Arizona Chapter

Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #1

Superchips updated tune

Has anyone updated their SC tuner with latest tune? I did mine and lost my great gas mileage, not sure if that is the cause of it or not, the only other thing I did on mine was changing my oil to Synthetic. My wife and I took our daughter to Disneyland/Knott's Berry Farm, on my way there I was not seeing 22 plus gas mileage that I was getting so I stop and adjusted my tune and same thing so decided to go back to stock tune.....then I started to see that great MDS gas mileage....I got 23 plus on my way there (using cruise control). I left stock tune all the way back home not feeling like wasting gas, these Hemi trucks don't lack power passing trucks/cars so I was happy to leave it in stock tune. I have change it back to 87 updated tune since I like the 1-2 shift point and 2-3 shift point....I am checking with DCT, maybe they can tell me something about why I lost my great gas mileage.

Anyone has any idea?

BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #2

Superchips updated tune

NO ONE?
Old 12-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #3

Superchips updated tune

i installed it but i have not drivein my truck since the update so i really dont have any input for you sorry.
*03ramit1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #4

Superchips updated tune

Well you can tell me once you put some miles on it.....thanks for at least saying something...I started to wonder if I was being ignored.....ready to sell my truck, buy Toyota truck and join Toyota Forum....

Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 PM   #5

Superchips updated tune

Just a thought; could they have altered the A/F ratio so that the truck is running richer in the the lower RPM's?

I know that DS tuner I'm waiting on will supposedly allow those kind of adjustments.

Like I said just a thought. Whatever you do I hope the truck runs good cause I sure wouldn't want to meet you in a Toyota.
Hemi317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:41 AM   #6

Superchips updated tune

Thank you Hemi317, I love my truck too much to get rid of it.....Toyota thing was a joke

I am really hoping to hear from DCT on this, I am not sure why I lost so much and from what I know these updated tunes are for shifting later than normal settings so when I am on the Freeway it should not matter, these settings are not even in use (so to speak), especially using cruise control keeping steady speed of (depending where) 55/65/75....I think I also remember DCT said it takes few hundred miles to get the settings working correctly but I don't think that is in my case....anyhow hope to hear some good news from DCT soon.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #7

Superchips updated tune

man, that sucks you have lost milage... all I can say is that I adverage 15 MPG on mine in the city and 19-20 on the highway... no MDS here.
slvrmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #8

Superchips updated tune

I think DCT is on vacation, no words from them so far....that alright, they need their break too. Gas prices are dropping so I may switch back to 91 tune....I like the way my truck perform with 91 tune. Every traffic light when I barely step on the gas paddle front end jumps...I like that feeling. It does now but not as much like 91 tune, not to mention how the truck roar when I nail it.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
"Bob"

Garage
Superchips updated tune

dragon i read some where that they'll be gone to 1 something 08
motorscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #10

Superchips updated tune

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by motorscooter:
dragon i read some where that they'll be gone to 1 something 08