Garage
Superchips updated tune

vacation man left the building

motorscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #12

Superchips updated tune

I just returned from my vacation.....it was great other than my truck lost great gas mileage that I used to have before I did SC updated tune....I reset it to stock and got my mileage back....so I am checking with SC to see why that is....good thing gas prices are dropping if not I will be force to sell my SC and live with just stock...
BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #13

Superchips updated tune

I would try to give it some miles. Could be that since retuning, it might be slightly on the rich side.
DodgeThisHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #14

Superchips updated tune

This is what I've found, MDS on my truck is not engaged, its going in and out. That is how I am loosing my gas mileage. I reset it to Stock and works fine, I think something in the updated tune from SC is causing this problem. I am checking with DCT to see if there is something that I am doing that is wrong or if there is something else I need to do. Before the newest update was install all the tunes that I got from SC worked well with MDS. Now I tried few different speeds like 55/65/75 and all the same. Truck will kick into MDS for 30 seconds and out of it, then it will go back in and out again, I tried it using cruise control and the same problem. I remove all the tunes and went back to Stock and MDS will stay engaged at 55/65/75 so I know the issue is not my truck, instead its the latest tune.

Any ideas?
BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #15

Superchips updated tune

Hey man...I just got my SC 3815 on Friday and installed the 87 octane... Saturday morning I did a road trip to Shelby, NC (240+ miles) and I noticed the same thing..my MDS got wacky and was kickin in and out but like every 10 to 15 seconds, with the chip the MDS is a little more jerky, and with the intervals of it going in and out, my wife was complaining big time. It made for a very umm tense road trip. ...I ended up losing gas mileage big time!.. 16.2 mpg and it was all non-stop highway.
Namesos is offline   Reply With Quote