Side running boards - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > State Chapters of HTC.com > Arizona Chapter

Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #1

One of my side running board made by Westin went South on me yesterday.....one of the bracket broke off. The side I hardly ever use (driver side) broke, the reason I hardly ever use is I park my truck backward inside my garage and I climb through passenger side to get in. And when I am out and about I hardly ever step on it to climb up. I bought them for my short wife & mom to hop on the truck. If it doesn't look odd I will not bother, I will just keep the one on passenger side.....heheeh!

So I am not going to get another Westin brand, poor design from what I can see. Bracket that attached to the running board is so lame, I wonder if that engineer is still employed!!!!

I am looking for a different brand that will not break my wallet yet strong where they will last for a long time to come......thinking about Carr Hoop II steps....what do you all think?

Does anyone have any running boards for sale, aside from Westin brand....????

'07 Dodge RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi MDS 4x4 QC Big Horn Edition

BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #2

One of my side running board made by Westin went South on me yesterday.....one of the bracket broke off. The side I hardly ever use (driver side) broke, the reason I hardly ever use is I park my truck backward inside my garage and I climb through passenger side to get in. And when I am out and about I hardly ever step on it to climb up. I bought them for my short wife & mom to hop on the truck. If it doesn't look odd I will not bother, I will just keep the one on passenger side.....heheeh!

So I am not going to get another Westin brand, poor design from what I can see. Bracket that attached to the running board is so lame, I wonder if that engineer is still employed!!!!

I am looking for a different brand that will not break my wallet yet strong where they will last for a long time to come......thinking about Carr Hoop II steps....what do you all think?

Does anyone have any running boards for sale, aside from Westin brand....????

'07 Dodge RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi MDS 4x4 QC Big Horn Edition

BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #3

Fabricate your own about $200 in steel and an afternoon and you can have steps to lack the truck up with. Mine are made from 2X4 1/4 inch wall sq tubing. Held to the frame via 1.75 120 wall round tubing. Its a step that will probably outlive the truck and would probably survive an impact at 50mph from a small car.
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #4

Garage
I put Bully steps on my moose, and they work great. They are also adjustable for the height you need.

Gila Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote