Dealership service - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > State Chapters of HTC.com > Arizona Chapter

Old 11-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #1

Dealership service

Tempe Dodge SUCKS

I just got back from my 1st service at Infiniti of Scottsdale. I have 21k miles and opted to have the transmission fluid changed. Originally quoted $190. Show up at 8:20, kid runs out to great me and usher me into customer service. Customer service seats me with a service adviser wearing a tie and long sleeve shirt. I am offered water, coffee, gelato and cinnamon rolls. Service adviser tries to talk me out of changing the transmission fluid saying it isn't needed until 30 k miles. Once he agrees to do it we walk around my car he signs off. Then he takes me out to my 2006 G35 FREE loaner opens the door for me and starts it. Tells me don't put gas in it when I bring it back.

Calls at 12:30 to let me know the car will be ready after 3pm. Checked my car for recalls, found 2. Replaced seal on driver door. Replace both my sets of keys (push button start).

I come back at 3pm he ushers me into the cashier stands there while I pay. Ushers me out to my car walks around it with me. Hands me the service report in a Infiniti envelope and tells me to call him if there is anything else I need.

The car has been washed, vacumed, the interior is wiped down and I'll be damned if they didn't do a leather treatment.

Oh and the service quote was wrong. I went out the door for $160, $30 LESS then quoted.

I have a Fujita Intake system, commented "nice modification sir, we install those intake kits here and they compliment the car nicely".

Tempe Dodge would have voided my warranty.

Jeff

HemiWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #2

Dealership service

I totally agree that Tempe Dodge sucks so bad....I had really bad experience with them...my first and last....I also can't stand service advisers from Earnhardt Ford in Tempe....they are all out there to screw customers....unlike other Earnhardt dealers, I called one of the Fleet manager and she straighten out all the mess but I will never deal with those service advisers from Tempe...never!
BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #3

Dealership service

thats great jeff. i get the smae treatment when i take my honda in. its really nice to be treated like that dodge dealers could learn alot from some of the "other" car makers.
*03ramit1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #4

Dealership service

Apparently, not all Dodge dealers are alike. I go to Bill Luke Dodge and I get sales people coming out to look at the mods on my Ram and how clean I keep it and get compliments. My warrantee seems to be in full effect and I get treated nice. I can't speak to the problems at Tempi Dodge... but one *** hole dealer surly should not make them all A-Holes. My TWO Cents... And, I happen to like my RAM...

Clif... Mr Clean
clifcuda65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #5

Dealership service

well the only thing that mine goes in for is oil changes. i have had good luck with ed moses. but nothing like when i take my care in to the honda dealer. when i take the truck in its "hi welcome to ed moses, what can we do for you?" after i say an oil change they say we will let you know when its done that is about all the communication and interaction that i have whit them. the honda dealer is more like what jeff discribed. and i will continue to take my car there even if i move to the far side of the valley from them.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #6

Dealership service

Same for me. My mom has had a Honda for the past 6-7 years and everytime I take her car in for her, it is always great treatment. It is honestly the dealer. Some treat you nicely, and others dont.

My Vw, I took it to the dealership where I bought it when it was about a month old and got the worst service I have ever had. I was told there would be a free rental waiting for me when I arrived. Not only did I have to have my brand new 1 month old car towed in, I didnt have a rental waiting, had to pay to have warrenty work performed, and walked out to my car that was "Washed" (more like someone took a squirt gun to it with a air gun to dry it off) backed into a pole. Lets just say I was not happy. I got stuck there for 4.5 hrs because I didnt have anyone to pick me up, didnt get a shuttle, never got my promised rental, the list goes on. Needless to say, I never went back. Got my car fixed, my money refunded and never looked back.

There are just some dealers that go that extra mile to make the customer happy and there are others that dont.

Congrats on finding a good dealer Jeff. That one is a keeper...lol
DodgeThisHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #7

Dealership service

tweeker what honda dealer is that i go to right honda on Frank loyd wright blvd.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #8

Dealership service

agreed on Tempe Dodge

and yes, it is completely the dealer... there are only a couple dodge dealers in the valley that actually give a rats *** about what they do, bill luke I have heard is one of them.
slvrmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #9

Dealership service

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KOZ:
I do go to Nissan in the tempe auto plex. I think its Power Nissan or something. Havent been there in a while. But I have been taken care of real well there. Pretty close to the experience that Jeff was talking about.

I ended up buying another car from them when I was getting my wifes SE-R serviced over there. We didnt haggle over prices. I told them what I wanted and they came back close to what I wanted. They threw in a few free bees and I was on my way. They even took our old SE-R and cleaned it for us and had it detailed. Since the car wasnt going in on the trade in, they waived the new fuel pump and injector relay fees and we were on our way. With a car that ran like new, and a car that was new.
My friend has a 350Z and Tempe Nissan has been good to him, he is very pleased with them. Misubishi dealer there is not bad either, his mom bought SUV from there, found bad screen on GPS and they replaced it without any issue...
BlackDragonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #10

Dealership service

WHY does Dodge have the baddest *** looking trucks with the best motor and the WORST dealership service with a POS transmission from a Jeep Cherokee????

AHHHHHH
HemiWoods is offline   Reply With Quote