Wax - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 04-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #1

Wax

I am looking for any opinions on the best wax or paint sealant I can get. I have been using Meguiars NXT wax, but it just does not seem to last long. Right now I am debating on Zaino wax or Wolfgang paint sealant. I am not sure how long the Zaino holds up and the wolfgang paint sealant says it lasts for around 6 months. I am going to use a claybar first. Here are the links to what I am looking at, but I would really like other opinions.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=21
http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html

hemioffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #2

Wax

hands down go with Zaino. I have been using it for a few years and will never let any other product touch any of my vehicles. it is a little on the pricey side, but it lasts for a long time, looks amazing and so easy to use. it really just wipes off.

i first used zaino products on my black hemi. it looked better than when i bought it brand new. everyone was asking me what i used. i sold many people on it. my neighbor now uses it. my parents liked the way my paint looked so much, i did their bmw and they are getting compliments.

if you have any questions about zaino, just pm me and i will be glad to anwser them to the best of my ability.

it makes my black paint look like a mirror.

badblkhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #3

Wax

wash truck with good soap and rinse well
then claybar - you can use Meguiars, also use lots of clay bar lube with it.
wash again
then use Duragloss 601 cleaner/bond agent, then Duragloss 105 paint sealant, for 6 mos.protection. save your money on the Wolfgang stuff.
I use 2 coats of the 105 sealer.
Then you can wax with a high quality carnubua wax over it to show off your paint.
Carnubua only lasts a few weeks, so you need to Quick detail it or spray wax it regularly to help make it last longer.
Now Meguiars NXT ver. 2.0 is a good quality synthetic which lasts longer than "any" wax can.
Synthetics makes your paint SHINE.
A good Carnubua will make your paint GLOW DEEP..
I use Pinnacle Soveriegn Wax on my truck..
Pinnacle Sig Series II - would be great for white
I get my stuff from Autogeek.. they are good folks over there, and ship fast..
Solar_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #4

Wax

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by badblkhemi:
hands down go with Zaino. I have been using it for a few years and will never let any other product touch any of my vehicles. it is a little on the pricey side, but it lasts for a long time, looks amazing and so easy to use. it really just wipes off.

i first used zaino products on my black hemi. it looked better than when i bought it brand new. everyone was asking me what i used. i sold many people on it. my neighbor now uses it. my parents liked the way my paint looked so much, i did their bmw and they are getting compliments.

if you have any questions about zaino, just pm me and i will be glad to anwser them to the best of my ability.

it makes my black paint look like a mirror.
I also use the Zaino products and they last longer than anything I have ever used. You can't go wrong with their products and their service is exceptionally good.
HeminatorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #5

Wax

I think I am leaning more towards Zaino. After using the claybar to remove the dirt, what would be good to remove light scratches and swirls in the paint? I know the paint is white and the scrtches really can't be seen, but I know they are there. Thanks for the options guys if Zaino can make black paint look good it has to be a good product. I am probably going to go with the pinnacle wax to top whatever I get since I would like a deep glow from white paint. Maybe this time I can come down to buying something and staying with it. I have tried so many different waxes and it gets kinda pricey. Thanks again.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #6

Wax

i use the zaino swirl remover with the rest of their product line
Old 04-18-2008, 04:14 AM   #7

Wax

Scratches and swirls
it sounds like your probably going to polish your whole truck, so you would need a random orbit polisher (like a Porter Cable 7224) at the least and some polish. There are light cut and fine polishes available. Stick with Meguiars products for most practical purposes.
check out Autogeek for more info, they have tons of stuff available.
do the polishing after clay barring..
Solar_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #8

Wax

and you dont use a buffer/polisher for zaino products. they advise you to do it by hand
Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #9

Wax

Well, it looks like I have a long day of detailing coming up then. At least I kept it really clean during the winter. Hopefully I will be able to use the buffer at work, then I won't have to buy one right away. Thanks a lot for the help guys.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #10

Wax

I use Zaino Bros. Love it!
Oilman is offline   Reply With Quote