Seats, the leather kind - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #1

Seats, the leather kind

Well, I just bought some 2012 Limited Edition, full leather, full power (driver and passenger), heated and cooled, crew cab seats to replace the stock cloth seats in my 2004 QC.

The rear seat should fit with a little modification to the mounting brackets. Something like cutting off a couple inched at the rear and drilling new mounting holes in it. I'll loose a little leg room in the back which is actually fine since I don;t usually have people back there and when i do, they are smaller and usually female.

The front seats are a direct bolt in and I know that I should be able to tap power from the drivers side harness I already have. The question is, will that also power the seat heaters and I assume that I need to install on/off switches for driver and passenger heat as well. Then there is the cooling part. Not sure how that actually works. Does it need to have the ducting in place for the actual cooling? Is there some sort of fan on the bottom of the seats to blow air up my a$$?

Even if I only get the driver side power working, I'll be happy. I can't wait to install these things!

Also, what is the best way to clean and condition leather seats like these?

I didn't get the console show in the pick, I don;t want to try and install that in my truck, I want to retain a jump seat so I am searching for a matching jump seat with cup holders now. Might have to get a standard cloth one and have it recovered to match.

xtremwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
Chris

I like it a lot!
4.56 and Detroit TruTrac-Custom Morimoto Projector Headlights
Tuned by Charged392
Tons of Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums
YeahItsAHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #3
Greg

Garage
I've swapped seats twice, first to a slt laramie all leather and then to an 05 srt. The key is to match the pin-outs, the wire colors will be different and you need to determine what does what.

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtruck-VA View Post
I've swapped seats twice, first to a slt laramie all leather and then to an 05 srt. The key is to match the pin-outs, the wire colors will be different and you need to determine what does what.
Sounds good. I'll have to find a 2012 service manual then. Or just play with them until they work. Hopefully the plugs are the same and I just need to change the pinouts, or even better, just plug them in and wire in the heat switches. I plan on sound deadning the floor at some point anyhow, which means the carpet will come out, making it easy to run new wires. Gotta get some factory switches and figure out where to mount them. Still don't think I'll be able to get the cooling working without the A/C ducting but if the fans work, assuming that's what they have, then that will be fine too.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #5

Thumbs up

Sweet Mod

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #6

Thanks!

And I just got the final piece to the leather interior, the jump seat! This one is from a 2014 and is leather already but obviously the wrong color. I contacted Katskinz and they recommended a local installer that should be able to recover the jump seat only to match the rest of the seats.

The front and rear seats are scheduled for delivery this Thursday, so looks like I will be starting the install this weekend! Can't wait!
Old 02-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #7

Very nice!!!! I'm jealous, you lucky dog. lolol
TooCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #8

The diesel guys are awesome! I just found a thread on cumminsforum.com extensively detailing installing 4th gen seats, including the crew cab rear seat and all the wiring. Hell yeah! This should make my install go much smoother now!

4th Gen Leather Seats swap into 2003 quad cab - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Well, that thread is partially complete. The author never posted the wiring information but there is a bunch of other good stuff in there. Going to search that forum as it sounds like a bunch of others there had done the swap.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #9

Making a note here for my own benefit. Found the following info on cumminsforum regarding mounting the 4th gen jump seat like I will be doing.

Quote:
For anyone looking, the 4th gen center console (fold up jump seat style) is EXACTLY the same seat 3rd gen to 4th gen. The only difference is the mounting brackets. On the 3rd gen seats, the mounting brackets for the center seat are welded onto the drivers and passengers seat rails. On the 4th gens, there are 4 little brackets that bolt on. Here are the part numbers for all 4:

68050608AA
68050607AA
68050606AA
68050605AA

Only the ones on the passenger side will bolt on to the passenger seat; the drivers side will just sit on the floorboard but the center console will still be totally secure. With these brackets, ANY 3rd gen jump seat center console will bolt up and secure to 4th gen seats. $35 should get you all 4 brackets to your door from the various OEM Chrysler parts websites.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:33 AM   #10
Kevin

Garage
Nice upgrade!!

Check out my Ram truck feature page on Instagram @RamTruckAddicts and submit your truck pics.
BIG RED HEMI MN is offline   Reply With Quote