Hemi Truck Club banner

Opinion needed - dash

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tncruiser 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Laramie with the leather package. Assuming the dash component is indeed leather, what are your recommendations of treating the dash to prevent fading and/or cracking over time. Same question for the remainder of the leather in the truck.....what's the best stuff to take care of it???? Thanks in advance for your response.

#2 · (Edited)
Buy a DashMat UltiMat (the form-fitting one) it is specifically made to fit and to protect your dash from the harmful effects of the sun. You should be able to select a color that will match or compliment your interior. I've used one for over ten years and the dash looks identical to factory new :thumb:.

:GoodLuck1:

#3 ·
---------------------------------------
Try to reduce inside temps as much as possible too...since your truck is white :thumb: that's a great start...use a high quality window tint for UV protection and heat reduction. 'SOME' :facepalm: of the chemical leather conditioner / treatments actually accelerate ageing, drying and cracking and all they do is make the leather shiny :banghead:.

:thumb:

#4 ·
Ya, I don't care about making anything shiny, I just want to be able to protect the investment for the long term. I do keep the RAM garaged as much as possible and know that over time that will help. I don't care for the dash covers that much, I was just hoping that those that have had their truck for many years may shed some light on how to protect the leather surfaces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.