Need help with o6 qc interior - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 02-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #1

Need help with o6 qc interior

I have an 06 qc with bucket front seats. I have been ussucessful in trying to get the center console and front seats out. It looks like the front seats tie into the center console underneath it. I also can't figure out how to get the dash around off to take the radio out. I don't see any screws to get that front panel off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BILL3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 11:17 AM   #2

It's not that hard to do, there is just an order in which you have to do it for the first time. You can download the service manual for the '06 off of the frontpage fo this website. it will give you illustrations on this stuff as well.

Start by pulling the top of the console off. Pull straight up the entire top with the cubby and the cupholders comes off in one piece. It is held by clips, just pull straight up toward the roof...it may take a little estra effort, but it will come.

Then the bottom part of the console is bolted to the floor of the truck with 3 or 4 bolts. Undo these and th ebaottom part of the console will come off.

This should uncoiver the bolts that hold down the front bucket seats.

Now, there are 2 screws underneath the A/C controls pointing upwards towards the roof. You need to get at these to take off the radio surround. You may need to remove the plastic pieces around the bottom center of the dash first, to get at these screws. Once you get these screws out, leave them out. This will make it easier to get the radio bezel off in the future.

Now the radio bezel is held on by the same clips as the center cosole top. Just get your fingers on an edge and pull straight back towards the back window, it will all pop off. The whole piece is one big unit. then you need to unplug the wire harnesses attached to the A/C controls and the aux power outlets.

I left out the screws thtat hold in the bezel because after you put everything back together, if you need to pull the radio bezel off, you wont need to touch the center console to get at those screws.

Good Luck, hope this helps!
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
&quotRANCHER&quot

Chrysler made us remove the Manuals but maybe we can talk you through it. If it's like the buckets in the 08 it's a bear. I like to have never got mine out. Let me see if I can find the thread that they helped me with.

Here is the link... Hopefully the 06 is similar to the 08's.
http://hemitruckclub.infopop.cc/eve/...2/m/7250021135
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #4

My thanks to both of you. That really helps. I didn't want to start prying if I wasn't sure it was going to pop. I am still kicking myself in the butt for not downloading that manual when it was avilable. I will start tearing the rest of this thing apart in the morning.

I was sort of hoping no one would reply to this until Monday. I have managed to put off installing this leather and stereo system now for a couple months and was sorta hoping I could procrastinate a little more and go fishing, but I think i will end up kicking the weekend off dynamating the entire interior.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #5
&quotRANCHER&quot

It's ok to put it off....the weather isn't always the best for fishing so go for it. You can do the mod during hurricane season.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #6

I was planning to play with the truck Saturday morning and get out the rods and take off for the coast in the afternoon to get a little revenge for getting skunked Friday night, but Saturday morning I got a call from a friend who I thought was going to be out of town. He said "hey I'm home and the wife wants me to finish the deck. Can you come over and give me a hand (code for: can you finish it because I don't know what I'm doing)?" So, no fishing or truck upgrades. However, between naps on Sunday, I did manage to get the console and front seats out. Came out as advertised.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
&quotRANCHER&quot

Good deal!