Interior LED's - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #1

Interior LED's

finally got the camera to take some halfway decent pics of them. they're still not all that great but you get the idea

SLINGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 09:06 PM   #2

Interior LED's

what it looks like on my cupholder.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Interior LED's

Way to go Slinger...of course my blue ones are prettier. but they don't show up in a picture..

I put another LED strip under the hood and a blue neon inside the scoop....looks awsome.
RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #4

Interior LED's

thanks Rancher. i can't get a good pic of the ones in the footwell. it's a shame to 'cause the look really cool on my pedals. what i went ahead and did was buy led replacement dome light bulbs from e-bay. looks like a house of negotiable affections but i think that's why i like it so much
Old 04-29-2005, 09:11 PM   #5
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Interior LED's

Looks cool Slinger... I started to buy some of those replacement lights...do you think they're worth the money?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #6
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Interior LED's

Man, I thought about doing the same thing the other night guys! Looks good. Do you have those on a switch or do you have them rigged to be turned on when the doors are open? Locally at my Kragen/Schucks I can by a set of 8 leds in red or blue, with sticky backing and prewired for like 15 bucks. Thats what I used in my underhood. Details guys! Thanks
Old 04-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #7
Director Emeritus

Interior LED's

Hey Slinger, I like it! Do the L.E.D. lights require any special consideration, like in-line resistors or different voltages, etc?

I understand that for break lights for example, it's not just a plug-n-play thing. Is this true?

Any help would be great: Steve
HEMI-PUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Interior LED's

*D*I*G*H*...bring me a set of the blue ones when you come to the rally will ya? They aren't for sale on eBay anymore... I spent the day at Pep Boys and Truck Toys and NO one has them...

Hemi-pup... They are the easiest thing in the world to install... They have a sticky back that you just put them where you want them. I wired mine into the cup holder light wire...they only use 10 milliamps so you don't have to do anything special...fuses etc. Only 1 screw that holds the dash in place and the rest pops off... To answer your question they are plug-and-play and so are the break lights...if you go with Line of Fire lights they plug into the flat plug behind the bumper...factory package should be there.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #9
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Interior LED's

Rancher, I will keep an eye for them.. If I end up doing the interior lighting Ill also buy you a set. Comes from a company called APC american products company As for the interior lights, did you connect them all to the the cup holder wire?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:51 PM   #10
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Interior LED's

Yes I tied them to the cup holder light...
Does that APC site sell to anyone..it took to long to load..and I didn't know what they called their lights... I'll try to check it out next week... Gotta go out of town for a couple of days...