How do I install Backup Camera in 08 Ram DVD Nav unit - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 05-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #1

How do I install Backup Camera in 08 Ram DVD Nav unit

Ok, I've read alot of posts here and at DT and they all said the camera would just plug into the DVD Nav system in the Rams. Well Yesterday, I finally got the radio pulled out and this is what I found.

Is one of these the input for the video and if so, where do I get an adapter for the RCA type connector on my camera?

If they are not, can someone at least expalin what these connectors are for?

Thanks

JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 12:17 AM   #2

I don't think you can just use an adapter. I am pretty sure you need the factory or factory style camera that has the harness. Some of these systems require the REV Camera to be turned on by the dealer programming it.

I have no experience with these radios or the camera though. So I may be wrong. Hope you get it figured out though.

KB
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
Silver Surfer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #4

I found a post on the LXForum where someone was trying to do the same thing since 2006 with no luck. They were even going so far as attempting to redo the software like they did over at CarHacks(sp?) to do away with the in motion restriction. So far, 2 years later, no luck.

It really sucks to know that a device with the potential to operate has been purposefully deactivated by the factory. It's available on the same radio on the Jeep Grand Cherokee as a factory option. It all comes down to software in the vehicle and now with mine being a 08 model, EVERYTHING is run by the computer.

If the Computer never knew it was an option, it has no way to turn in on as a feature. Whether it's installed or not.

I guess I need to start looking for a camera and video install setup.
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote