Gauge pods and piller gauges - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 05-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #1

Gauge pods and piller gauges

Any way we can start a section in the interior area just for gauge mounting locations with piller pods, dash pods, overhead pods, colum pods and in dash gauges. Maybe some photos and how-to's with wiring and how to remove pillers and best grounding areas, where to get the best hot turn on lead. I'm getting ready to install an srt piller and innovative wideband A/F gauge and have been looking around but everything on this subject is so spread out i thought it would be nice to have a section dedicated to this.

hdrolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #2

I know this is a little late ,but,I too am setting up a pillar with a wide band. Did you ever find out any answers? Where is a good hot lead or the best ground? I assume we could follow somewhere along the lines of the ignition lines and tee in...
kc1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #3

I made an install thread on here with details and pics showing where to tie in all the wiring.
For the accessories if you look up under the dash you will see where a bunch of wires run into a white plug. The big pink wire is an accessories wire. Then for the lights I tied it in to the light for the cup holder. Just pop out the radio surround and you will see a white wire running to the light. If you do not have a light it will just be a plug.
I can repost the pics lster if you need them.
xtrmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #4

could you re-post please? I tried to look in the search topics section of this forum for 'gauge install','wiring gauges',wide-band and air fuel gauges and couldn't find anything on it. I just recently purchsed a plug-in to the fuses that allows you to run another accessory off of an existing fuse. Yours sounds easier as I also have the wire 'tap-ins' to splice in. Thanks for responding!
kc1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #5

Sorry it took so long to getthese to you.
For the many power switched ign. I tapped into the wires right under the dash on the drivers side. Just look up under and you will see the wires. The large pink one is the one you want.

Then for the lights I pulled the radio surround and tapped into the white wire for the drink holder. If yours doesn't have the light there the plug in the pic will still be there.

Then the last pic was my finished install.
xtrmes is offline   Reply With Quote