From the USS Abraham Lincoln - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 11-27-2004, 12:04 AM   #1
fowler

From the USS Abraham Lincoln

I am here in Pearl Harbor, Honolulu. This is the 1st time in over a month that I have got to browse the HEMI-WORLD. I have been working hard, but I still find time to miss my Hemi and my wife as well. Well, you guys keep up the great work back home. I will be back in the loop soon. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #2

Glad to here from you Fowler,Just want to say we are thankful for all you guy's and girl's in the Armed Forces and what you all are doing for us and this country we live in.We keep you all in our thoughts and in our prayers as well,keep up the great work and stay safe.
TexasHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:09 AM   #3

Glad to see you are able to post Fowler. You will have lots to cauth up to do, when you are able to get back into the loop. Thanks for all you and your buddies do for this country. As TexasHemi said, You all are in our thoughts and in our prayers.Stay safe and take care.
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2004, 03:30 AM   #4
fowler

Hey, thanks you guys. I am also looking forward to joining the TEXAS CHAPTER when I get back to Texas in Feb 2006. I am originally from Tyler (well, Concord) and I am ready to come home, because there is no place like home. You guys take care.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:43 AM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage

Great to hear from you Fowler! Keep safe out there and thanks for all that you do!
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 09:01 AM   #6

No Plans for anything out that far yet but let us know as you get closer to coming home and we can plan a GTG and try to get all the TEXAS members out to welcome you home
Southern Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 03:45 PM   #7

Keep a sharp eye and get home healthy.I understand how distant the Navy can make one feel from friends and family.My family has a rich naval history.My great uncle, Reuben T. Whitaker was the sixth highest scoring U.S. submarime captain of WW2.He was fourth if you count total tonnage sunk, which most military anylists do.After all, is it better to have sunk twenty japanese patrol boats, or one carrier? Just a little family pride showing through there.Here is a picture of one of his commands, The U.S.S. Sturgeon, which he was able to get out to sea safely in at Pearl Harbor when our little Japanese friends popped in for a surprise visit.

Fourth picture up from the bottom at this link....
http://www.ahoy.tk-jk.net/macslog/Pi...pTenUSNav.html
http://www.battlebelow.com/skippers.htm This message has been edited. Last edited by: MrBigwood, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:56:25 GMT-0800', '27 November 2004 03:56 PM')+''); 27 November 2004 03:56 PM
MrBigwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:27 PM   #8
*Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*

Here's to our Hemi Brother's and Sisters in the Armed Forces!!! For without them the freedom's we enjoy would be much less. Rich family history of the Army and Airforce here. Have one brother, Captain Raymond Hill II, training at Fort Bliss rightnow with his National Gurad unit to go to Iraq in January and provide smoe much needed relief to the regulars.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:43 PM   #9
fowler

Thank you for all of your support. All the HEMI-want-a-be's in the shop love this site to and thank you for the support as well. It would also be nice to get a care pakage for or just some mail every now and then for everyone in the shop. There are 13 of us (GREAT NUMBER HUH!) Well, if anyone would like to send some beef jerky, candy, or even some HEMI pics it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the address to the boat... Justin Fowler
VAQ-131 UNIT 25405
FPO AP 96601-6415

My email address is [email protected]
Old 11-28-2004, 08:48 PM   #10
Director Emeritus

Garage

I would feel honored to send you guys a CARE package! I remember the feeling "back in the day" when mail call was sounded over the 1MC... it didn't matter if it was a four-week old newspaper - at least I got something and had something to read
What do you guys need and/or want (besides the stuff you mentioned)?
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote