De-badged and Black headlights - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #1

De-badged and Black headlights

Just de-badged my truck today, i really like the tailgate with no 4x4 or slt decal, the hemi and ram1500 im so-so with it removed, I think the ram1500 decal looked kinda cool just when the black sticker foam was still on there, maybe ill eventually put em back on after i paint em black

anywho, heres b4 and after pics

All4traction is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 11:54 PM   #2

Great job looks sharp.
HEMI 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #3

good to see the pics are still there, my computer wont show them anymore, lol.

Next is blacked out headlights, possibly with halo's, then im gonna tint the taillights and 3rd brakelight. I have a bullbar to go on aswell, but i have to buy the mounting bracket first, not sure if the chrome will be out of place, but if it is, ill eventually sand blast it with my bumpers then powdercoat it black and colourmatch my grill and bumpers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #4

hmmm...I am kinda undecided as well.
I like the tailgate look, as I am going to be doing that as well when I have free time.

On the other hand, removing the Ram and Hemi decal I am not too sure about. After seeing what it looks like on yours, I think I like them on.
Infernogrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #5

I like it. I wasn't sure when I did mine, it awesome now. Use your HEMI badges in your grille.
zwa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #6

Once i paint my bumpers and grill it will look better with them off, i shoulda taken some pics when the black understicker for the ram 1500 was still on, i think it looked pretty sharp.

O, and i had a little bit of ghosting from the badges, almost looks like the glue kind of oranges the paint a bit, but its very very hard to see, only in the right light and angle, but is kinda neat, like a hidden decal.

Infernogirl, it looks like your goin for the inferno/chrome look so the door badges would probly look better on. But I eventually want to go all inferno and black, so eventually not a piece of chrome on my truck, except maybe some polished wheels
Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #7

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by All4traction:

Infernogirl, it looks like your goin for the inferno/chrome look so the door badges would probly look better on. But I eventually want to go all inferno and black, so eventually not a piece of chrome on my truck, except maybe some polished wheels
Ah, yes I know that look. When I first got my truck, I was aiming for the all black look thought it would look good, so I decided to paint the interior black as well. Looks great, added some billet pieces etc....
Then I was like I am going to go with the chrome and Inferno look to match the emblems and the grill.

My truck came with the black body molding etc...so I took those off and added in the chrome spears on the doors, handles bars, and I even added on a bull bar which I need to get an updated pic of.

Now that I know you are going for the black/inferno look....Your truck looks good to me.
When I was aiming for black look, I thought of adding some black rims, along with taking the lower valance off and painting it inferno to match the body.
Just some ideas for you!!!

Before

After:
Infernogrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #8

Either way looks good, its kinda hard to ruin the look of these trucks, haha

ya, once im done school next year everything will get painted, then i want to powdercoat my rims gloss black, or might decide to buy new black rims and throw on some 35x12.5 tires

lots of ideas, but gotta go through one winter of student pennypinching.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #9

FAhemiST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #10

Just painted my headlights black too, my pass. side is on, and ill put my drivers side light back together tomorrow and post some pics.