Coming soon to a "How To" article near you... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 01-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #1

Coming soon to a "How To" article near you...

SRT10 A-Pillar Gauge Pod:
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/gsthunder/Dodge%20Rams/trans%20temp/apillarpod.jpg">

Auto Meter Factory( Dodge )Matched Transmission Temperature Gauge( #8549 ):

The above parts are all on order and should be in by next week. I am actually having the manifold for the temp sender installed by the dealer. Any leaks or problems, other than a failed part, and they can't blame me plus with it being winter it is butt cold out and I don't want a mess in the driveway( fluid ). After that I will do everything else and do a write up.

Can't say exactly when it will get done? Old Man Winter is finally here and with a real bad attitude( got nailed with 24[/img]
Pictures and a write up when it is all done.

NHHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Director Emeritus

Garage

Cool - thanks buddy. Looking forward to seeing the DIY piece
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Board of Directors

Garage

HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #4

madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #5

Everything is here except for the gauge. My usual luck hits and it is back ordered. The company expects it on or around the 25th so I probably won't see it until the 1st week of Feb. Not a huge deal however as we are really getting clobbered with one snow storm after another. I wouldn't be able to do it right now anyway.

I did talk to the Service Manager at the dealership today when I was picking the SRT10 A-Pillar up and he is happy to install the temp sender manifold inline for me. They are really great at the dealer I use. I will be in for inspection the 1st of Feb so I will probably have it installed then. I can then wire everything and put the gauge and A-Pillar in when a break in the weather arrives and I am having a good health day.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
&quotRANCHER&quot

Looking forward to the read,
Old 01-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #7

Where did you get your gauge, and if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?
azhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #8

Garage

JOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #9

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by azhemi:
Where did you get your gauge, and if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?
Well, I don't have the gauge yet because they were out of stock. It still is not in yet let alone shipped. I am not happy with the company and am ready to cancel the order and go elsewhere. No notice the item was out of stock on their web site when ordering/during checkout and no e-mail from them after saying it was out of stock. The kicker is they still charged me on my CC. Who charges you for something you don't have to sell the customer?

I e-mailed them about all of this about a week after ordering( ordered 1/13 )and not hearing anything about shipping and got a response apologizing I was not notified of the back order and with an expected ship date of 1/25. It is now 1/28 and still nothing showing on my order history. There was no comment when I mentioned how angry I was they charged me for it when they didn't even have it to sell me.

If it is not shipped by Monday( 1/31 )I am cancelling the order and going elsewhere. I only gave them this much chance to fill the order after how poorly they have done to this point as I had a coupon that saved me about $10. Not worth it though to deal with a company like this IMO.

I am not mentioning the company name at this time. Will consider it later possibly. If you are interested in that gauge just do an internet search for Auto Meter 8549 and you will have no trouble finding them. You can get them on E-Bay as well. Will run you $75-$90 + shipping depending on where you buy it.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:36 AM   #10

It is now Feb 8th and STILL no gauge or word from the company on when to expect it. Just e-mailed to cancel order and complain. RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Order placed Jan 13th. No note when ordering item was out of stock and got confirmation e-mail of order with no note of that fact either. No e-mail later letting me know it was on back order. I was charged for it too which really ticks me off. Not one word from them after unless I initiated it.

XtremeDieselPerformance = AVOID like the plague!