Can this be fixed?!?!?! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 07-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #1

Garage
Can this be fixed?!?!?!

Hey guys, I was outside wiping down my interior and I just noticed a crack on my dashboard. Passenger side, on the top. Has'nt split very far apart but it is about 4-5 inches long. Can this be fixed? Thanks

Sleeperhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 12:49 PM   #2

Can this be fixed?!?!?!

What year is your truck??

I do believe that alot of members here who have 03 Hemi's have had problems with cracking dashboards.
From what I know, Dodge has not put out a recall for this matter.
It is expensive to just replace the dash!

What members with this problem have done, is either buy a dash mat to go over it OR our member Duane (3rd strike performance) sells a plastic overlay dashcover for I believe $170 in the matching color of your interior.

It beats spending all the money to replace the whole dashboard.
Hope this helps
Infernogrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #3

Garage
Can this be fixed?!?!?!

Yeah, Mine is a 2003. I found a fiberglass dashboard cover with raised flames that I really like but its only nade for GMC's. Any idea if one similar is made for Dodges? Thanks!
Sleeperhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #4

Can this be fixed?!?!?!

That manufacturer is Nu Image who makes the flame dashes, but I dont think they make them for 03s. I think they only make them for the ford/GM/Chevy no newer Dodge models as of yet.

The only thing I can think of to get that look would be to buy the molded abs plastic dash cover and have a paint shop airbrush some flames on. Although that wouldnt be raised flames, just an idea.
OR you are not going to like this plan but if you have mastered painting your interior you could buy some flame stencils and some duplicolor paint and get to work instead of spending money at the body shop.
Infernogrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #5
&quotRANCHER&quot

Can this be fixed?!?!?!

You can get a Dash mat off eBay for about $15 plus shipping if you can't find a new one. Either way it's good protection for your dash.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Tru...em320282171405
Old 08-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #6

Can this be fixed?!?!?!

Theres two easy ways to fix it. What I did on a few dashes is 3M makes a two part flexable filler. Mix it up and fill the crack with it. Then sand it smooth. When you paint the dash. First just spray the repaired area. But hold the can way back so it splatters out. It will give the repair the same texture as the dash. Then paint the whole thing. You will not even be able to tell.

Or Eastwood makes a dash repair kit. The comes with putty an iron and a few patches to put the texture back in.
I personally don't like the kit.
xtrmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #7

Can this be fixed?!?!?!

talk about Déj* vu today i detailed my truck and the girlfriend asked me when i cracked my dash i was like what are you talking about and no joke i looked and just left of the glove box on the dash has cracked from front to back. We need to all contact dodge about this issue.
Piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #8

Can this be fixed?!?!?!

Happen to mine this morning same place above glovebox 2003, 40,000 miles if anyone comes up with a solution or anyone has acuatally replaced one please post information.
red72rs is offline   Reply With Quote