Body shop blues - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 06-25-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
Gold-Member

Garage
Body shop blues

I am fed up and need to vent!

My truck has been in the body shop since 2 weeks before the Rolling Thunder Rumble. (Mid March)
I have been stopping in, texting and calling to try and keep things moving. This guy has no sense of priority or customer service.

He only works on it when he is out of other small jobs, and even then, I have to push.

He has missed every dead line I have asked him to hit. Even my wife and son have contacted him with out me knowing trying to convince him to get it done. It seems like every time he makes a promise, he takes the next few days off and gets nothing done.

I have been trying to be nice so he does a good job and maybe moves faster. But I am over that as of today! I told him I was picking it up tomorrow no matter if its done or not.

Wish me luck. It is 95% or more done anyway. Just the back bumper and a complete clean up and a few parts to go back on it, but I will do that. I am not waiting any more!

Rant over.

05 1500 SLT Quad Black on Black | Pace Setter Long Tubes | Magna Flow Cat Back | Doug's Electric Cutout | Custom Ram Air Hood | Spyder LED Tails | Spec-D Black Projectors W/Halos | Flex-A-Lite E-Fan |Jet 180 Stat | K&N CAI | 20 inch wheels | Comp 268 Cam W/6.1 push rods and springs | Diablo Trinity | Custom Tune by Charged392.

kcd1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #2

Garage
That long for paint is beyond ridiculous. You sir have waaaaaay more patience than me!

hemiram13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #3
Stu

Garage
Sorry to hear that David.

I'm a firm believer of. "What goes around, comes around". His time is coming...... I've seen it many times.
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 07:57 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost03hemi View Post
Sorry to hear that David.

I'm a firm believer of. "What goes around, comes around". His time is coming...... I've seen it many times.

Hopefully whenever you do get your truck back you think that it was well worth the wait. Looking forward to seeing your fresh paint!

hemiram13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #5
Matt

Garage
You've got way more patience than I do. I'm not a fan of getting jerked around. Is he semi-retired or what? lol
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #6
Matt

Garage
You should show up with a lease agreement when he brings you the bill....I'd do it to show my frustration....
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

Old 06-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
Gold-Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANual_puller View Post
You've got way more patience than I do. I'm not a fan of getting jerked around. Is he semi-retired or what? lol
No, it was his main full time business. Now he says he needed to take a job at the local furd stealershipo because his family health insurance went up so much due to obumercare. But, by the time he started that, he had already had the truck for 9 weeks.

Now he works on cars at his shop at night and weekends. But not much on mine.
05 1500 SLT Quad Black on Black | Pace Setter Long Tubes | Magna Flow Cat Back | Doug's Electric Cutout | Custom Ram Air Hood | Spyder LED Tails | Spec-D Black Projectors W/Halos | Flex-A-Lite E-Fan |Jet 180 Stat | K&N CAI | 20 inch wheels | Comp 268 Cam W/6.1 push rods and springs | Diablo Trinity | Custom Tune by Charged392.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #8
Matt

Garage
One would think 9 weeks would be many times more than sufficient..... Especially if the guy is good you'd think he'd want to turn out the cars to keep the business going....? maybe I'm too ambitious....lol

Old 06-25-2015, 08:28 PM   #9

Garage
I paint cars and trucks on the side. The longest I have kept a car was 6 weeks for a rusted out 76 ford f350! I fixed the cab corners,replaced both doors and welded up the hood and fixed all of the dings! Sounds like this guy needs to go back to auto body school!!!LOL
Old 06-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #10
Gold-Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANual_puller View Post
One would think 9 weeks would be many times more than sufficient..... Especially if the guy is good you'd think he'd want to turn out the cars to keep the business going....? maybe I'm too ambitious....lol
Well, I'm assuming that he under quoted me on the job. He took a good look at it before the quote but ever since he has had it, when I go over to check on it, he's always gripping about how much time this took or how hard that was. I was really patient with him because he was doing a great job. But I'm over that now. He made me miss the rumble (@ least not with the truck). Then I missed the rally now too. He said it would be done for fathers day then definitely for my birthday yesterday, and now has missed both of those too. I'm pissed!!!