AC blower motor - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > General Maintenance | Owner Info > Interior and Exterior Detailing

Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 AM   #1

AC blower motor

I have a new issue. My blower motor for the A\C - heater is acting up. I have an 03 regular cab short. Before now once in a while while driving I would hit a bump and the blower would stop. I could reach under the column and wiggle the wires leading into it and the blower would come back on. Or if I adjusted the wheel up and down it would come back as well. Now all that being said it quit all together recently. Does anyone have any idea which wire would be in the column that would have anything to do with the blower motor? Or any idea what the issue may be as a whole? Thanks guys.
Miki

stlmikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by stlmikie:
I have a new issue. My blower motor for the A\C - heater is acting up. I have an 03 regular cab short. Before now once in a while while driving I would hit a bump and the blower would stop. I could reach under the column and wiggle the wires leading into it and the blower would come back on. Or if I adjusted the wheel up and down it would come back as well. Now all that being said it quit all together recently. Does anyone have any idea which wire would be in the column that would have anything to do with the blower motor? Or any idea what the issue may be as a whole? Thanks guys.
Miki

My blower motor problem was due to a bad ignition switch , sent you a PM on what to check
2003 Silver Ram 2500 Moose SLT QC/LB 4x4 | NV4500-HD 5Speed Manual trans | Tow pkg | Centerline dual friction clutch| 3.73 LS |Borla dual catback |Bilstein Shocks| Billet Grill | 15% Win Tint | Bushwacker color matched flares| Pwr adjustable petals |Superchip| Mopar wheel liners |Ramhammer intake| Mopar alum fuel door | MSD Blaster coils & 8.5 ignition wires |SS nerf bars | Chrome ext handles | Atm graphite tails |Silverstar bulbs| Hurst alum T handle shifter| B&D Short throw Shift kit|

5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:27 AM   #3

Any luck finding the problem ?
2003 Silver Ram 2500 Moose SLT QC/LB 4x4 | NV4500-HD 5Speed Manual trans | Tow pkg | Centerline dual friction clutch| 3.73 LS |Borla dual catback |Bilstein Shocks| Billet Grill | 15% Win Tint | Bushwacker color matched flares| Pwr adjustable petals |Superchip| Mopar wheel liners |Ramhammer intake| Mopar alum fuel door | MSD Blaster coils & 8.5 ignition wires |SS nerf bars | Chrome ext handles | Atm graphite tails |Silverstar bulbs| Hurst alum T handle shifter| B&D Short throw Shift kit|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #4

Just got done replacing my BURNT ignition switch module and the connector assembly I had the same symptoms. Picture here if it makes it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg burnt.JPG (162.6 KB, 116 views)
Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #5

Yeah 5speed. That was it. Easy fix once you diagnosed it. Just in time too. It has been really hot here. Thanks a ton. If you were here now I would kiss your face.
stlmikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by mindy's hemi "Satch":
Just got done replacing my BURNT ignition switch module and the connector assembly I had the same symptoms. Picture here if it makes it.....
Mine had a similar look to it before I replaced it

Old 08-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by stlmikie:
Yeah 5speed. That was it. Easy fix once you diagnosed it. Just in time too. It has been really hot here. Thanks a ton. If you were here now I would kiss your face.
Glad I could help ..we have a stand in double for kisses his name is Superjay he should be along shortly

Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by mindy's hemi "Satch":
My A/C is doing the same thing. Where is this culprit? How does one trouble shoot this? Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #9

If there are over heating marks on the plug take the two plastic half's of the steering column where the key goes in off and check your ignition switch for overheating as in Satch's pic . There are three snaps down each side of the switch it comes apart in two pieces its easy to see if the contactor's are fried
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture_1.png (41.6 KB, 103 views)

Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #10

Thanks 5SpeedHemi I'll check it out in the morning. I knew I'd get the solution here.