Vararam specs - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > 4th Generation Ram | 2009 - Present

Old 12-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #1

I called them today to ask why there's no data or a link to what it looks like on their site. I believe I talked to a 'Steve'. Very nice guy. He explained everything should be on the site in the next week and apologized for not havine it there sooner.
So, I asked some questions about it. Specifically the specs. Horsepower, Torque and if there's any possible increase in MPG. Without hesitation he told me the following.
Horsepower +30
Torque +40
MPG +2 - if you can keep your foot out of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 04:12 AM   #2

increased mpg i can see, but definitely not those power numbers
Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I would like to see the dyno on that one.

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #4

heres a vid on this
BlackRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Director Emeritus

Garage
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:10 AM   #6
Mr. Freeze

Garage
VA4MEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #7

BlackRam-
Loved the video! I couldn't figure out what all the noise was until I realized you had a bunch of birds nearby. All we have left at this time of year is Ravens and Finchs.

I didn't mean to run a thread in two different places, but I unwittingly also started this in the CAI section. Below is my last post from over there.

I apologize, it wasn't Steve, it was Pat. Their tech guy. They've been testing this thing for a couple of years. Sent units all over the states, including Alaska.

Pat is very knowlegable. Almost geek squad knowlegable. Mass Air Pressure, Air Temp, Voltage, Shift Points, Air Velocity.......

Not only do they send the units out to test in the real world, they test on flow benches, on dynos and at the track.

Not only do they worry about the quantity of air, they worry about the quality of air. Too much and the velocity goes down. Too little and you might as well stay with stock.(Remember when cars at the track had Velocity Stacks?)

BTW, Pat also mentioned that a test truck at the track went slower with a K&N vs a stock OEM filter.(And what was the first thing most of us did, including me? Change to K&N.)

All this testing and tuning is why it takes so long to release a new system. Some have said they didn't like the looks. Pat said he's not crazy about how it looks either, because it's not 'all swoopy'. But sometimes function wins out over fashion. As for me, this is not a show truck, so the hood won't be open for others to view. And I'm a function over fashion kinda guy anyway.

If you do order one, they have a 100% money back return policy. Steve told me they ship close to 400 units of all makes a month. In the 6 years he's been there, he's only seen 10 returned.

Steve corrected one stat. Although they stand behind the horsepower and torque claims, they never claim an increase in MPG.

All this is why I ordered one yesterday.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #8

LOL Whitewolf thats not my vid.....that the first unit sold to someone else.
BlackRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #9

Ooops!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
Mopower or no Power!!

Guys, these are up on the website now and are available! 2009-up Vararam Intake System!!! And for the 03-08 guys, Vararam is on sale for you too....

Phone: 573-258-9999

[email protected]
3rd Strike Performance is offline   Reply With Quote