Time to Gripe lol - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > 4th Generation Ram | 2009 - Present

Old 10-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #1

Well I hate to do this! BUT....

I’m sure everyone here at some point just wants to vent about something their New Hemi does! Something that just makes you go Dangette I wish it didn't do that! Or ahhh that's so aggravating! They may be small and many times overlooked but they need to be noticed!

So I am going to jump on my soap box for a minute! Please Don't think I don't like my '09 Ram Hemi Crew Cab with RamBox, I’ve nearly gotten 30,000 miles on it so I've definitely spent some time in my '09 Ram! I LOVE IT! I just think that HEY If the DODGE makers ever look at our posts, they might not see what to improve on and what to tweak just a little!

So here is a new discussion on things that are just annoying on the new Ram!
1. Several times I have noticed that the power off delay for like the radio has changed from my set time 10 minutes to like the default I guess like 45 seconds. While waiting on jobs nearly everyday I shut the engine and off and listen to the tunes waiting for the homeowner to appear or whatever and its annoying to have to change it back to my 10 minutes.
(this has happened maybe 5 times)

2. Usually while turning left, like maybe sharply at 10 mph and down a hill a little, I hear a cling cling coming from the front left and I can feel it in my feet area. I’m guessing its ABS or something like that.
(this has happened maybe 12 times)

3. With the RamBox, It doesn’t appear to close evenly on the front and rear of the bed. This I think is due to only having the latch in the dead center and nothing to firmly close the two ends flushly. If their was two closing/locking mechanisms evenly spaced it would help greatly!

4. I can’t leave my Fog Lights on with my Bright Lights! This can be dangerous at night when you want to be able to see those critters lurking on the side of the road!!!!

5. OK why does Toyota Tundra have a much better lift and lower on their tailgates than we do!!! I was so impressed with how light our tailgates were to close……until I lowered and lifted a new Toyota Tundra’s tailgate! …..just saying……

6. Twice my change oil AKA contact dealer message has came on at only 5,000 miles! Um I’m not changing till at least 6,000 maybe 6,500 lol I use Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic 5W-20.

7. The remote window down feature is really nice to have! But it kind of bugs me the driver and passenger windows don’t go down at the same time! Just saying!

8. OK anyone backed up a hill to hook up to a trailer!....!? Then you know how hard it is to get dead on where you want b/c the truck kinda pauses and the leaps backwards! It may be the hill-assist feature but ugh… kind of irritating to do sometimes!

9. My driver door squeaks when I open or close it! I have WD-40 and it fixes it for about a month but It will come back lol.

10. Has this happened to anyone else!? With the cigarette lighter in the center console……..That is where I plug my radar detector in…..and I also put my spare change in that cubby. Well twice after pulling the radar detector plug out a penny or dime has found its way in the hole and popped a fuse! OOPS lol

11. OK with the Sirius radio…..NOT every-time I start but pretty frequently after about 30 seconds of ignition, the radio seems to pause for about 3 seconds and then resumes.

Wow! How much better it feels to let all that out! Hahaha! PLEASE don’t think I don’t love my truck! Bc the awesomeness definitely overwhelms the down points but sometimes we all need to talk about them!

What are yall’s opinions and gripes of your own?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck_side.jpg (61.2 KB, 182 views)

tjbiskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #2

Well I hate to do this! BUT....

I’m sure everyone here at some point just wants to vent about something their New Hemi does! Something that just makes you go Dangette I wish it didn't do that! Or ahhh that's so aggravating! They may be small and many times overlooked but they need to be noticed!

So I am going to jump on my soap box for a minute! Please Don't think I don't like my '09 Ram Hemi Crew Cab with RamBox, I’ve nearly gotten 30,000 miles on it so I've definitely spent some time in my '09 Ram! I LOVE IT! I just think that HEY If the DODGE makers ever look at our posts, they might not see what to improve on and what to tweak just a little!

So here is a new discussion on things that are just annoying on the new Ram!
1. Several times I have noticed that the power off delay for like the radio has changed from my set time 10 minutes to like the default I guess like 45 seconds. While waiting on jobs nearly everyday I shut the engine and off and listen to the tunes waiting for the homeowner to appear or whatever and its annoying to have to change it back to my 10 minutes.
(this has happened maybe 5 times)

2. Usually while turning left, like maybe sharply at 10 mph and down a hill a little, I hear a cling cling coming from the front left and I can feel it in my feet area. I’m guessing its ABS or something like that.
(this has happened maybe 12 times)

3. With the RamBox, It doesn’t appear to close evenly on the front and rear of the bed. This I think is due to only having the latch in the dead center and nothing to firmly close the two ends flushly. If their was two closing/locking mechanisms evenly spaced it would help greatly!

4. I can’t leave my Fog Lights on with my Bright Lights! This can be dangerous at night when you want to be able to see those critters lurking on the side of the road!!!!

5. OK why does Toyota Tundra have a much better lift and lower on their tailgates than we do!!! I was so impressed with how light our tailgates were to close……until I lowered and lifted a new Toyota Tundra’s tailgate! …..just saying……

6. Twice my change oil AKA contact dealer message has came on at only 5,000 miles! Um I’m not changing till at least 6,000 maybe 6,500 lol I use Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic 5W-20.

7. The remote window down feature is really nice to have! But it kind of bugs me the driver and passenger windows don’t go down at the same time! Just saying!

8. OK anyone backed up a hill to hook up to a trailer!....!? Then you know how hard it is to get dead on where you want b/c the truck kinda pauses and the leaps backwards! It may be the hill-assist feature but ugh… kind of irritating to do sometimes!

9. My driver door squeaks when I open or close it! I have WD-40 and it fixes it for about a month but It will come back lol.

10. Has this happened to anyone else!? With the cigarette lighter in the center console……..That is where I plug my radar detector in…..and I also put my spare change in that cubby. Well twice after pulling the radar detector plug out a penny or dime has found its way in the hole and popped a fuse! OOPS lol

11. OK with the Sirius radio…..NOT every-time I start but pretty frequently after about 30 seconds of ignition, the radio seems to pause for about 3 seconds and then resumes.

Wow! How much better it feels to let all that out! Hahaha! PLEASE don’t think I don’t love my truck! Bc the awesomeness definitely overwhelms the down points but sometimes we all need to talk about them!

What are yall’s opinions and gripes of your own?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
Board of Directors (Jay)

Well, besides those, how's it going.
2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #4

I had the same noisey door issue, dealer lubed it, and a week later the noise was back. The next time they used a different lube, and its been perfect ever since. I had an issue with the horn button being hard to push, and sticking when it finally did start to blow, Turns out they had a bulletin on the issue, and fixxed straight away. I am having a problem with the matte black "film" on the door pillars ( where front and rear doors meet) It is starting to bubble up,They ordered new sheets or whatever it is, and will replace under warranty. ( they had to take pictures and send to Dodge, took an hour to get the OK). I am at 31,000 miles, and thats the only issue's I have had......still lovin it!

acejr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #5

OK. the windows. On mine, if you push both buttons both windows will go down.
The Sirius radio. Occasionally the unit has to reload the signal. Its just what it does. Ive had satellite radio since its come out and it just does it sometimes.
The only issue I have with mine is the seat. The foam seams to hard, and the seat doesnt LOWER.
Ill get around to getting some new seat brackets made someday.
Oh ya, the grab handle on the A pillar. What was wrong with the location of them on the older trucks? Why was it so important to lower it? Now I cant hold it comfortably while driving.
So thats it for me. The seat and Apillar grab handle.
And the rear window. Why did they not go with the lines of the truck for the rear window?
TimsHemiTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #6

Oh yea I forgot one lol! maybe like 5 times has this happened.. But I have had my KeyFob not unlock the doors! and it can be I am standing right next to it and push the unlock button several times before it will unlock! One time I had to take the key out and unlock the door! But then i tried the unlock and it worked! WTC! lol This hasn't happened but about 5 times in over a year and only once would it not unlock at all! YEA IT BUGS ME! hahaha

And about the windows going down with the remote, both windows go down its just that the driver side goes down faster and aren't at the same level if you release the window down feature on the keyfob. lol I know I am being picky but maybe DODGE will see it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truck_front.jpg (64.4 KB, 162 views)
Old 10-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #7

No Gripe's here.....17,000+ miles no issue with mine other than recalls......
BlackRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #8

I love mine... but I only have 260 miles on it.

440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #9

Just spent the afternoon with a clay bar and waxing my truck; I've had my hands over every square inch of it. I have to say I'm highly impressed with the amount of engineering that went into the design and layout of the dies that stamp the panels. This truck is rock-solid and the panel fitment is near flawless. I'll be surprised if I have any complaints with it anytime soon.

440 SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by tjbiskool:
Oh yea I forgot one lol! maybe like 5 times has this happened.. But I have had my KeyFob not unlock the doors! and it can be I am standing right next to it and push the unlock button several times before it will unlock! One time I had to take the key out and unlock the door! But then i tried the unlock and it worked! WTC! lol This hasn't happened but about 5 times in over a year and only once would it not unlock at all! YEA IT BUGS ME! hahaha

And about the windows going down with the remote, both windows go down its just that the driver side goes down faster and aren't at the same level if you release the window down feature on the keyfob. lol I know I am being picky but maybe DODGE will see it.....
I have ahd that happen to me too...

GONE 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab HEMI, 2011 Dodge Durango AWD Crew HEMI, 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 Quad Cab HEMI, 2008 Dodge Durango SLT 4x4 HEMI, and my First 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab HEMI

2010 HTC NASCAR Champion

April 25, 2007!!
rdsetgo is offline   Reply With Quote