Hemi Truck Club banner

Ticking in the dash?

914 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  askibum02 
#1 ·
I noticed the day after I picked up my truck, there is a ticking sound behind the driver side of the dash when I am accelerating. The harder I accelerate, the louder it gets. As soon as I let off the throttle it goes away. Anyone experience this? I have an appt on Friday to take the truck into the dealer, and I want to have an idea before I go in.

#2 ·
I noticed the day after I picked up my truck, there is a ticking sound behind the driver side of the dash when I am accelerating. The harder I accelerate, the louder it gets. As soon as I let off the throttle it goes away. Anyone experience this? I have an appt on Friday to take the truck into the dealer, and I want to have an idea before I go in.

#3 ·
Is your truck a 4x4? Maybe the driver side CV joint going bad? I know if the boot around a CV joint gets damaged the lubricant will eventually leak out and it will get noisy under acceleration. That happened to my 77 VW Rabbit. That's all I can come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.