Stock Front Coil Springs? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > 4th Generation Ram | 2009 - Present

Old 04-08-2016, 02:44 PM   #1

Garage
Stock Front Coil Springs?

Does anyone know how tall the stock front coil springs are on a 2014 R/T?

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
Tyler

2 or 4wd?
Stroked 397ci Hemi, Custom grind Ray Barton cam, Eagle heads, Functional Shaker hood, MM 87mm throttle body, Motive Gear 4:56 gears, Dynomax VT, Edge 3200 converter, Updated ignition coil conversion, Mopar side skirts, SRT 10 front fascia, Custom roll pan. 180 stat, JBA longtube headers, Rear 2" drop shackles, Custom Katzkin leather seats, many more interior and exterior touches...
TYSENUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #3
Tyler

Actually better yet, if it is the springs in the front of your truck, PM me the vin I will be able to get you a measurement. Springs are sent from Chrysler with just a tag on them, not in a package, so they also give measurements for them that you could use if you had to ship them. I can use these measurements to give you the height. This will be the unloaded height which I imagine is what you're looking for.
Stroked 397ci Hemi, Custom grind Ray Barton cam, Eagle heads, Functional Shaker hood, MM 87mm throttle body, Motive Gear 4:56 gears, Dynomax VT, Edge 3200 converter, Updated ignition coil conversion, Mopar side skirts, SRT 10 front fascia, Custom roll pan. 180 stat, JBA longtube headers, Rear 2" drop shackles, Custom Katzkin leather seats, many more interior and exterior touches...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #4

Garage
It's a 2 WD. The vin is: 3C6JR6CT1EG226092.

What I'm looking to do is find another type vehicle, Drango, Challenger, etc., who's spring are somewhere between the stock springs of my truck and the BellTech 2" lowered spring. I installed 2" drop spindles, love the stance, but front end was a tad, as in about 1/2-3/4", too low. I reinstalled the stock springs, and now i have way too much clearance. She's bull frogging on me and quite simply looks like crap.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
Tyler

Ok it tells me a length of 38.10 centimeters or 15 inches.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #6

Garage
Thanks! Any idea where to start looking for stock springs that run about 14"?
Old 04-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #7
Tyler

I would take it to a place that can make you a set. Way up here we have a company called United Spring & Brake that primarily deals in things like that for tractor trailer units but they do build custom build leaf springs, u-bolts, and coil springs. Not to mention they do this for usually a fraction of OEM prices. Perhaps you have a similar type of business near you?
I will be at work tomorrow and checking in on here. I can check some numbers to see if I can find a spring around that height but the biggest problem is that I would have no information as to the spring rate and if it will actually fit your application. It would purely be trial and error.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #8

Exclamation

I would think spring rate, material quality, etc. would all be important considerations...

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #9
Greg

Garage
If the coil spring is too long, Trim it using a cutting wheel. On my 03 I cut about a quarter of a coil at a time until I got the fender gap where I wanted.

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #10

Garage
Exactly. I wish I could find a coil spring comparison chart so I could match up the tension, etc, with the size that I need. Any idea where I can find something like that?