Manual Swap - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > 4th Generation Ram | 2009 - Present

Old 06-23-2017, 12:05 AM   #1

Question Manual Swap

So, I've tried to do some research but all I can find is Cummins information, but my question is:

Is it at all possible to swap a manual trans into the 4th gen? I imagine so because the cummins' do have manual trannys but more specifically, a T56 swap?

I was going to do this with my 3rd gen and I know all the needed pieces and the cutomISH drive shaft but im starting to fall in love with the 4th gens and I want to know if a manual swap is even possible before I do anything.

tteal235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2017, 05:20 AM   #2

Garage
Physically it can be done, the T-56 or tr6060 is just about a bolt in.
The electronics are going to be the hard part, and I think 2011 or2012 is going to be the latest that you can use vehicle specific PCM, I think 2013 and later will need some serious work.
I havenít approached any of them yet, but I think the guys who do Jeep Hemi conversions will be the best bet.
https://www.rubitrux.com/hemi-conversion-kits.html
https://www.bruiserconversions.com/jeep-hemi-conversion
There is another company that does a lot of them but I donít remember their name.
And I think Cleveland performance might be able to help, again I have not approached them either.
B5 BLUE 2010 300C SRT-8 MANUAL TRANS - Cleveland Power & Performance

I was going to try and swap my 2014 over but got side tracked with a different project.

I have all the parts to put a TR6060 in my 2014, just don't now if the computer will run and hide or just go with the beating that will happen afterwards
ric3xrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #3

Garage
Hemi Conversions - Dakota Customs Here's the other guys OI was thinking of.
ric3xrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
Matt

Garage
fwiw someday I'm going to put a G56 into my 2011 2500. The trans donor was an '06 2500. In a 2500, because the cummins trucks can still be had with a stick all the interior trim pieces are available, the cab is already stamped for the shift tower, holes already in the firewall for the clutch cylinder, clutch pedal mounting location is already there....Mechanically it's simple, idk if I can get the brains to cooperate.
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4th gen, manual transmission, t56 swap