Hemi Truck Club banner

Felt stupid

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  kcd1369 
#1 ·
I just bought a Ram truck on the 24th of April. The last time I bought a new vehicle was in 1997. So a couple of days ago I thought I would check the oil and trans fluid. Well guess what, I checked the oil but for the life of me I could not find the trans dip stick!! So later on in the week I stopped into the dealership and asked where did "they" hid it. To my surprise, you now have to get it checked by them!! What a crock!!! I'm soon to be 70 years old and I'm not to crazy about crawling under the truck to check the trans fluid nor am I really happy about paying them to check for me. I felt really stupid!!! I guess things change, not always for the better.

#2 ·
It's never for the better!

Wait until they think they can idiot proof the new rides some more and have it completely drive for us. It's coming!

and you know what?

The new generation, of those new rides, will gladly accept it if it means more screen time on the drive.

Oh btw - You'll love this - Your new ride most likely has a "Black Box" to record driving habits and crashes.

I think I'll keep my 08 a while longer...

#6 ·
Well I guess I made the right choice when I bought the 2014, I at least don't have to worry about that !!!! Man these newer trucks sure have a lot of electronic gadgets in them. When all of them start to wear out, this is going to cost me a fortune!!!

#14 ·
Long story short , I once had a 02 Lightning with a blown trans in my driveway,Ford Denied and voided warranty because the Black box tattled on the Driver for "excessive RPM limiter activation" ......that's what they put in the letter.

2014 seams to be the best year for these 4th gens, last year you can play with the ECM with out having to have it unlocked, the only pre- 15 you can put the HP90 trans in with only need to adjust the trans tuning.

#8 ·
Had total brain failure today. The weather change from bring cold and nasty to warm and nasty. The dog and I jumped in the 07 QC and headed to town. Being really humid I turned on the AC which I very seldom use. Actually overhauled the whole thing late last summer and haven't used it since. Anyway it blows warm air.... sob! So stopped at a shop and made an appointment to have it checked. On the way home I see the frosty icon isn't lit, so fiddled with the controls, still nothing.... accidentally pushed the button and the AC came on. I would have sworn that the frosty icon came on automatically when the controls were set to AC. Obviously the frosty icon is a button that needs to be pushed to run the AC. Covid-19 isolation is eating my brain... my dog just looked at me and didn't say a word....

#17 ·
I can neither confirm, nor deny! So says the man who just replaced his bumper and proceeded to back into concrete reinforced pole.

:facepalm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::censored:

Reactions: hotshot357
#18 ·
:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.