3 way coolant valve - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Trucks and Special Editions > 4th Generation Ram | 2009 - Present

Old 10-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #1

3 way coolant valve

I started my truck up one day the CEL came on. I turned the truck off and back on it went away. Well I tried it another time and the CEL wouldn't go away. The code is P26A7,had code P26AB but P26AB cleared with my diablo intune,the other wouldn't clear. I looked both up and it's the 3 way coolant valve. I ordered the part from mopar,and it's here at home. Do you all think a replacement will fix it. Mds won't work while the engine light is on,so I'm using more gas. I need help lol

Ram 1500 bighorn 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016, 06:04 PM   #2

3 way coolant valve

power it up and see or listen with steath to see if valve is moving.....chances are it's the valve....but it could be not getting the signal to open or wrong or no voltage.....or grounding of the circuit....hope it's the valve...good luck
morgancal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:09 AM   #3

I have a replacement here at home. Now the CEL won't go off at all now. I'll try that and see if it works. Is this a common problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2016, 12:23 AM   #4

I will try to get the original to work. If the valve is faulty I got a replacement. I'm in no way a mechanic. I can change my oil and other little things lol
Old 10-24-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
Matt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram 1500 bighorn 2014 View Post
I changed the coolant valve and it didn't work. The CEL is still on. The code reads P26A7. What do I do? This truck has run me through he'll and back.
P26A7 Engine Coolant Bypass Valve A Position Sensor Circuit High

Usually when a sensor circuit reads "high" a wire is broken, the sensor is unplugged or the sensor is bad.

P.S. I brought this back over here from the fuel mileage thread
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #6

Yeah sorry about that. I changed my transmission fluid in my 8 speed. And for only 37,000 miles I saw alot of metal shavings on one to 10 I would rate it as a 5,10 being very worried. Sealed for life yeah right. I baby my truck and I don't tow. Anyways P26A7 it's a permanent code. Every scanner I have used has failed to remove it. I replaced my coolant valve and it didn't work. Other people who had the same code replaced their coolant valve and it worked removing the code. Thanks for the replies
Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #7

What does it mean by sensor? The coolant valve it's self has a sensor on top. Also some type of pluggin on top. Changing it should've worked. Mabey a dealer ship has to clear the code even though the problem is fixed.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:23 PM   #8
Matt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram 1500 bighorn 2014 View Post
What does it mean by sensor? The coolant valve it's self has a sensor on top. Also some type of pluggin on top. Changing it should've worked. Mabey a dealer ship has to clear the code even though the problem is fixed.
That could very well be. I think the '14+ PCMs are locked. I know tuning is unavailable unless you purchase an unlocked PCM so it makes sense that codes can't be deleted either without a dealer trip.

If they can't clear the code or it comes back after clearing you may have a loose connection or broken wire somewhere.
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote