Questions for andy and/or janet - Page 2 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Forum Admin, Support and News

Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
We'll get tapatalk installed and also roll out our own free version in the very near future.

As for the home page, we started working on a new design but we need to find members to help us update. Alternatively we could just route the home page here to the forums which is where the action is anyway. Thoughts?
What do you need?

I think the "home" page that contains info about the club, it's members and it's sponsors would be very important. especially to prospective members and sponsors.

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/attachm...epic3972_3.gif
ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #12

Garage
What help do you need from us members? We will gladly help however we can.

I don't think we should do away with the home page.

It should contain info about the organization, it's members and it's sponsors. That give prospective members and sponsors a little teaser of what we are about.

What did you think of the suggestions below? I think that info like this on the home page would get more folks interested in us and what we do.

Quote]
I think something like a "Forum" wide news letter where members can submit their info to an editor so to speak (someone who would take the info, perhaps add to it and make report on it). Somewhat similiar to what the Texas Chapter does. The initial submittal could be sent to the so called editor via PM and he/she could develop the submittal into a report.

Another idea I have is to start a "Biography" section. This could include a write up and photo's about the member, their family, their interests, what they used to drive and what they do with their truck. Is it a work truck, is it stock, do you race it or do you"show" it. Etc.etc.etc.................. Hopefully, this could be set up so that they were arranged alphabetically by the members name to make them easy to find. [Quote

Old 08-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #13
Forum Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING THUNDER View Post
NO

I am thinking about something High Profile where it jumps out at you. Maybe the home page would be a prominent place for it. That way prospecive members would be able to see who we are. I also say no to links to facebook etc. I think it should be 100% exclusive to the HTC.

Have you checked out the Member trucks tab at the top of the page and the truck showcase on in the right column? There's a lot of info there about member rigs and various mods they've done. The "garage" is a fairly new feature and there are more rigs every week - lot's of eye candy there
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #14

Garage
Those are nice for what they are, however, they are simply pictures.

I think the "Members Trucks" tab should be re-named "Member Biographies" and have a VERY prominent link on the "Home" page. This would make it super easy for prospective members, prospective sponsors and existing members to review and see what we are all about.

Each Member could have a separate thread under that heading that could be arranged alphabetically. Members could post biographies about their family, their interests, their trucks and what they do with them. They could post pictures of their works in progress, changes that they make and photo's of interest to them. They could update their bio as things change and would be a true representation of what we are.

Thank you for your time. I hope that you will give this serious consideration.
Respectfully
R/T

Old 11-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
Gold-Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Personally I would like to see a mobile app, preferably TapaTalk.

My life is almost entirely communicated on my smartphone, a little on my iPad and almost never on a computer anymore. While I still wouldn't have time to post as often as I used to years ago, being able to quickly open an app that auto-aggregates my topics is a huge convenience.

There was talk of this when HTC first changed hands, but I haven't heard much of it since. TapaTalk now has a free version, along with the paid version, so there is no longer a concern about costing the membership money.

Things like organized group buys and Q&A sessions with OEMs were also a draw.
Vince, I'm with you on the mobile app idea. As it is now the forum comes up very small when trying to view it on a mobile device.

Great suggestion.
05 1500 SLT Quad Black on Black | Pace Setter Long Tubes | Magna Flow Cat Back | Doug's Electric Cutout | Custom Ram Air Hood | Spyder LED Tails | Spec-D Black Projectors W/Halos | Flex-A-Lite E-Fan |Jet 180 Stat | K&N CAI | 20 inch wheels | Comp 268 Cam W/6.1 push rods and springs | Diablo Trinity | Custom Tune by Charged392.

kcd1369 is offline   Reply With Quote