Please! Longer than five minutes. - Page 3 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Forum Admin, Support and News

Old 02-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #21
Forum Admin

Garage
You should be kept logged in for a looong time if you have checked the 'remember me" button. if not, then there is some caching or cookie issue with your system.

To trouble shoot, you might try logging off the site and then deleting your cache and cookies. Then log back in and click the remember me button. Maybe you have a corrupted cookie saved and this will help.

You must allow cookie exchange with our site in order to stay logged in at page changes. We use cookies to keep you logged in. Sometimes your own browser settings or perhaps your security program will purge these cookies...

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #22
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Thanks Janet for your reply.

I've toyed with cookies and cache for some time over this issue. I am a member to 8 various forums and yet this and another for some reason drop me after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have no answer from my end with one tiny exception and that is check marking the "Remember Me" box. My log-in is handled via cache and remembering the password myself. Same difference, as I have experienced, the "Remember Me" box in the past on other forums. I'll will defer to "Giving it a shot" by check marking the box. Nothing to lose at this moment.

My cookies are set to accept. Not session or temporary. They remain on my "White List" to stay on the hardrive. After all this I can check to see if my virus scan or firewall might have something to do with this, but that is hitting the outer limits as far as I am concern. Another browser? Might as well, since one is loaded on my HD. I'll give "Everything" the once over and see what happens. If it "Bombs", well then...
Old 02-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #23
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Okay. Issue solved. I don't particularly care for the solution since it's another browser (Chrome) and it means sacrificing the sidebar for bookmarks. On the other hand, the idea of five minutes (of inactivity) and then receiving an "Adios Muchacho" appeals to me less.

Now to try the other forum, I mentioned earlier, and see if I can get positive results. HMMMM?

Old 02-28-2014, 08:26 PM   #24
John

Garage
I typed up a reply that took about 7 minutes and when I clicked Post Reply I got a message that said I had to refresh the page and login. I was logged in before I went to the page.

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #25
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Checking the "Remember me" button on the log in helped me with the cutting off.
Give that a try.
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #26
David

Garage
I had an issue posting a long while back. It was Internet explorer. I switched to Firefox and problem solved.

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #27
John

Garage
Cool

Thanks

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote