How to post pictures to your post - Page 3 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Forum Admin, Support and News

Old 12-16-2016, 10:16 AM   #21
Forum Admin

Garage
Can you give me the specs of a typical image you try to upload? Size, type, dimensions?

Kevin

Tech Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2016, 03:07 PM   #22
Mark G Senior Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Admin View Post
Can you give me the specs of a typical image you try to upload? Size, type, dimensions?

Kevin
The question is can you make the website resize the images then it won't make any difference what I try to upload or anybody else for that matter.

I STAND FOR THE FLAG!

Engine built by Go For Broke performance
[email protected]
bada44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #23
Matt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bada44 View Post
The question is can you make the website resize the images then it won't make any difference what I try to upload or anybody else for that matter.
He can because it seems to work for everyone else, just answer his questions
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #24
Mark G Senior Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANual_puller View Post
He can because it seems to work for everyone else, just answer his questions
It's all different sizes in different file formats it doesn't really matter what I upload it tells me to resize them because my image is too big for the server.Try to upload an image in high quality and see what happens.Most of the image sizes now are 1200 x1200 the only one left is jpg 800 x 600 my camera on my cell phone using that format 2400 x ..... Hope that help

I STAND FOR THE FLAG!

[email protected]
Old 12-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #25
Forum Admin

Garage
Quote:
It's all different sizes in different file formats it doesn't really matter what I upload it tells me to resize them because my image is too big for the server.Try to upload an image in high quality and see what happens.Most of the image sizes now are 1200 x1200 the only one left is jpg 800 x 600 my camera on my cell phone using that format 2400 x ..... Hope that help
Images are restricted to a more generic size due to server space, and server load. Threads with very large HD images can cause long loading times and put strain on the server (sometimes causing a timeout). Images are set at those levels to help speed up thread loading as well as keep the server space down.

Also, the attachment manager (upload system) has specific formats (jpg, png, ect) that are allowed to be uploaded. This is why you cannot upload a video to the site using it. As long as they fit the standard image formats, there should be no issue with the type.

Have you tried hosting the images from sites such as Photobucket or Imgur instead of using the sites attachment manager to post the images?

Thanks,
- JB
Old 12-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #26
Mark G Senior Member

Garage
I think the point of my question has been lost... All I am asking is if the website can automatically resize my images so I don't have to... A simple answer would have been yes or no... Thanks sorry to have caused any trouble.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:19 PM   #27
Matt

Garage
Quote:
I think the point of my question has been lost... All I am asking is if the website can automatically resize my images so I don't have to... A simple answer would have been yes or no... Thanks sorry to have caused any trouble.
The answer is yes, that's how it's supposed to work. Tech admin was trying to figure out what the problem is between the browser version, file type, file size and forum software. I would think they'd like to be made aware of potential problems so they can be corrected

Hopefully after the Holidays here they get you fixed up. Even though I'm enjoying lurking and learning your thread would be a lot more interesting with more pictures
2011 Ram 2500 ST 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, crew cab, short box, 4:10 gear ratio with rear LSD, 180 amp alternator, tow mirrors w/ puddle and signal lamps, popular options group, carpet deleted, Ranch Hand front bumper, 9500# winch, pair of 100w KC lights, Magnum RT steps, Line-x sprayed bedliner, stampede o/e style fender flares, Ram branded oversize rubber mud flaps, stampede smoked bug deflector, Dee Zee toolbox

MANual_puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:36 PM   #28
Mark G Senior Member

Garage
Sounds like a plan...

I STAND FOR THE FLAG!

[email protected]
Old 12-20-2016, 08:23 AM   #29
Forum Admin

Garage
MANual_puller is correct. We are attempting to localize the issue while explaining how the system works at the same time.

If the system is noting the images are too large, then they need to be resized manually.

Try cutting down the dimensions to see if the board will allow it after that.

Thanks,
- JB
Old 12-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #30

Garage
Quote:
I take pictures at the highest quality.the website ought to be able to reduce the images to fit the parameters automatically.it does not matter whether I use phone, tablet, or PC. The same message appears, "the image has exceeded the maximum size".
All the more reason to use Photobucket (or similar).

MikeHTally is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add picture, photos, pictures, post picture