Forum Scammers - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Forum Admin, Support and News

Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #1

Forum Scammers

Hey guys (and gals). I haven't posted here much since I got rid of the truck, but this is worth spreading.

I've been reading a lot about people scamming people out of money on car forums for parts etc., and one of the members at the forum I frequent now (svtperformance.com) posted this link:

Scammer

It's a prime example of what's going on and the members watching out for each other.

Just wanted to give you guys and Mr. Hemi a heads up for this type of stuff. This has always been a great forum and I know you guys will look out for each other. As the forum grows, the sharks start circling. Just one of many instances I've read about the past few days. A lot of the forums have LEO's that are members and are extremely helpful in "acquiring" info on these people. Hopefully there are a few here as well.

Later guys

HemiHead04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 01:32 AM   #2

Forum Scammers

Thanks for the heads up!
TxTechHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 AM   #3

Forum Scammers

Anytime . If you guys want I can give you more links of similar instances, these people really need to be stopped. I just read about a forum argument that, in the end, a guy drove 1300 miles and burned a guys trailer to the ground! Crazy People
This stuff is way out of hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #4

Forum Scammers

Aint saying that was right but Im sure they deserved it.
Hemi Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #5

Forum Scammers

Not getting anything on the link?
Heminthesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #6

Forum Scammers

Weird. Some forums will delete those after awhile. I'll give you the Reader's Digest versions.

The first one (Scammer) was a guy that was going from forum to forum, posting things for sale in their market section and taking people's money when he didn't have anything to sell in the first place. The instance I posted was parts that he supposedly had on his 'Vette and needed to sell because he was having a baby and his fiance was on him about raising some money. The parts in question were a built motor out of his 'Vette and a supercharger. He advertise them at a great price. Too great, and the people picked up on it, one of the LEO's on the forum got his info and found out what was really going on. Apparently he did this on many other forums and it just now caught up to him.

He would get people interested, they would PM him and he would give them his bank routing number and information so that they could wire money directly to his bank account (supposedly only used for the sole purpose of selling things). After the money was in his account he would disappear.

The second one (Crazy People) was insane. Two guys got in to it on a forum, one of them drove 1300 miles to the other guys house and burned it down.

I wish the links weren't broken, because it was great to see how the guys on the 'Vette forum got info on him (and I mean info as in real name, address, pics of his house, where he worked, tax information...it was very thorough, lol).

Just be on the lookout as it seems this is a growing thing on car forums. This message has been edited. Last edited by: HemiHead04, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:05:09 GMT-0700', '27 July 2007 09:05 PM')+''); 27 July 2007 09:05 PM
Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #7

Forum Scammers

Good info. Too bad about the links.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #8

Forum Scammers

Try this one for the crazy guy:

Online Feud

This one for the scammer:

Scammer
Old 07-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #9

Forum Scammers

That scammer dude is DONE!!! Nice job, HH04.
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #10

Forum Scammers

Man that guy is a real tool.Thanks for the heads up.
code3hemi is offline   Reply With Quote