Belt Buckles - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Forum Admin, Support and News

Old 09-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
RJ

Garage
Belt Buckles

I'm not sure if anyone has asked before, but our LOGO
would make a great belt buckle. As it also would other items such as: Tie Tack, Lapel button, Hat pin, etc. So, my question is, do we have items like that available, can we establish annual dues for the membership that would allow us to make these items
for sale to the members. Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here with the dues idea, maybe a little something to put into a treasury to get us started. $10 - $20 a head.. ? If we have a treasury,
we can shop around for a buckle maker and make
them available to the members at a decent price.
The list is endless of course. Tee Shirts, Sweat Shirts,
Hats, Belts, Jackets, etc... I for one would like to be able just to buy the patch itself to sew onto my Hot
Rod Car/Club Jacket. Forgive me guys and gals if I touched on a subject that if offensive to some. We pay
$50 / member in my C Club and have jackets, Tees
and Sweat Shirts made to sell to the members and we all seem to enjoy them. I for one would like to show my HEMI pride as well... hope you understand.

'God bless the USA and our Troops!"

Sarge

RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
David

Garage
If you have to pay for the shirts what do you need to pay "dues" for?

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
RJ

Garage
Dues

David,
The decided amount of dues paid to either the HTC or your respective Chapter can cover many things. Most companies who take orders for merchandise want up front monies before they create a custom item. This club fund would allow that to happen.
My Car club also uses the dues to send flowers to respective members for various occasions including hospitalization. BBQ's are also
made available to members FREE with the club funds paying for the event.
Or at least reducing the cost to members by some degree. A free Tee Shirt has also been some of the things we did with our club funds.
The cost of a good quality Belt Buckle is significant enough to
require Members to pay for a good one that the Club Funds could reduce
by some degree. Maybe it also doesn't have to apply to all members. Maybe a dues paying member can get a Club Card with number he/she can
use when placing an order for an item. And once again, this is just a suggestion. I'm trying to start a Chapter in RI and will do some of these things I'm talking about if enough members think likewise. Thanks for your response, I hope I've answered your question sufficiently. Have a great HEMI day ! "God bless the USA and our Troops!"

Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Adam

Garage
Maybe it's just me, but I can see some issues with having a club dues for the entirety of the club. RJ, as you probably have seen, some state chapters are much more organized/active than others. Club dues could be solely responsible for each states chapter, but this may also hinder others away from joining the club. The fact that this was a community of fellow hemi truck owners that I didn't have to pay to join was a major benefit I took into consideration. I'd also suggest looking into the by-laws on the main page (to see if more information could be found there), but I can't seem to bring them up...so they may be down. Not saying club dues aren't possible, just giving food for thought.

On the other hand, if each state did have club dues...I ponder if this would make it easier for others to make it to the national rallies? (if part of your dues went towards knocking down the price of the trip) This would also make monthly club meetings mandatory, as everyone would like to know what the money is going towards, and what other business the club is going to do. And if that's the case, would regional chapters inside a state be required? Getting together with fellow hemi's will be hard if you need to drive a few hours to a meeting every month (of course I understand that EVERY month is an exaggeration).

There is a lot of room to play with here RJ, just want everything to be on the table.

I don't know the legality of this type of work. Someone (the treasurer/the club) is getting money from us, someone has to pay the tax man for that money...as it's not really a gift.

Again not saying it's not possible, heck the boy scouts do it, but may be more involved than a local car club is. Especially since we're also an international club.
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Rhino Lining & Under Spray
Bully Dog Triple Dog Tuner
04hemisportedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
RJ

Garage
Dues consideration...

Hey Brother...
All good points your making. I am not in any way knowledgeable of the ramifications of dues for a club this size. I was just some poor ole' country Soldier asking about the possibilities of Belt Buckles and Tee Shirts and the like. But my experience is based on a Local Car Club I belong to with 25 Members.

Let's just forget the whole thing and I'll think of something else I can do for the local Chapter here... You guys have a great day...

Sarge
Old 09-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
Adam

Garage
Wasn't trying to kill your moral. At all, didn't offend me at all either...wasn't frantically typing behind the computer screen due to aggravation. Just wanted to point out some issues that would arise.

I kinda like the laid back atmosphere of our club...but I do wish we had more members. From when I joined, it seems like the numbers have fallen.

As far as HTC products/apparel/etc. We have a lot of members who have abilities and/or connections to make and/or produce all sorts of stuff we can throw the HTC badge on. If enough members are wanting in on it, perhaps a group buy would be in order.

Wasn't trying to dog on you RJ, just trying to help.
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Old 09-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
RJ

Garage
Dues

Hemi Sport,
Sorry if I seemed offended in anyway, I wasn't. And my Moral is where it always is, PMA (positive mental attitude). 30 years in the Military created that foundation. LOL But, like I said, you had some really good points. And I appreciate your response. I like to hear from all the Brothers and Sisters in this club. And we are never too old to learn. Thank You.
I will look into Belt Buckles from my end and see if I can find
a manufacturer who would be willing to work with me as far as producing them. I'll let you all know how successful I am.

I am looking at getting a Chapter together here and will also
include updates on that as we go along. I love these HEMI trucks and I
want to associate with like minded Individuals who own them. You take care my friend and once again, thanks for the response...

"God bless the USA and our Troops!"

Sarge [email protected]
Old 09-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
Adam

Garage
Didn't come off as offended. But if you have an idea you think is good, exhaust all possible solutions before that idea dies. Otherwise we'd all have bone stock trucks, and would be stuck with them.

Good luck with the buckles, have a good day.
Spike Lug Nut Covers
Debadged
3" Exhaust w/ AT3030XL
UnderCover Tonneau Cover
Old 09-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #9

Thumbs up

I saw a web site: www.bucklesofestes.com that has some RAM HEAD buckles and even one with a design styled like a seat belt. Perhaps something like these could be modified to HTC .
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote