1st Motor Head meeting of 2015 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > Forum Admin, Support and News

Old 03-29-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
RJ

Garage
1st Motor Head meeting of 2015

We have a group of older guys up here who are into Trucks, Cars (new and classic), and Motor Cycles. We are seven all told...and we are all in the balding silver haired Daddy category...lol But it is a pure joy to me to get together with these guys at Car shows and of course at our by-monthly Brunches to talk shop, politics, life and all that encompass it. We have 2 ex police Officers, 1 still an active K9 Officer, 4 Veterans, 1 Retired Army Sergeant, a retired Custom Car and Speed shop owner, a Part time Mortician and of course Dick, a Guy who could rewire a "32" High Boy in his sleep ! Lucien's got one that is worth about $90,000...all steel, retractable ragtop, etc. nice. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that where ever you guys are,.. I hope you have the same camaraderie, solid friendships and someone you can call when you need backup, regardless of the time or date... even if it's just for a cup of Joe and a shared story. Stay safe my friends. Enjoy your Rides....

"God bless the USA, our Troops, and the 2nd Amendment"

Sarge

RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 02:06 AM   #2
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
That's awesome. Reminds me of the Florida Chapter.
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
Greg

Garage
Sounds like a great group of guys.

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

A Mortician? LOL! We had a member, in our club, that was a full-time mortician. Come about Thanksgiving and Christmas he would be unavailable for car shows or club meetings (Phoenix, AZ). He sorta faded away, as he was busy all time and found car shows 'time consuming'.

Good ole' days and now they're history for me. I made the simple mistake of saying I was moving out of state and afterwards, the whole thing came to a boil over that one bit of news and one horrible mistake that was done at a meeting.

RJ - A word! Be sure to keep it as 'pure joy' when you all get together. Never let the gang get involved into anything serious, such as hosting a car show. For it will form hostilities over time. Shoot! For what it's worth, never form a board of directors, elect officers or open a bank account for the club. Keep it lite and your friends will remain to be your friends for a long time!!! Otherwise, they will become strangers. Lesson I learned...and my two cents.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ View Post
We have a group of older guys up here who are into Trucks, Cars (new and classic), and Motor Cycles. We are seven all told...and we are all in the balding silver haired Daddy category...lol But it is a pure joy to me to get together with these guys at Car shows and of course at our by-monthly Brunches to talk shop, politics, life and all that encompass it. We have 2 ex police Officers, 1 still an active K9 Officer, 4 Veterans, 1 Retired Army Sergeant, a retired Custom Car and Speed shop owner, a Part time Mortician and of course Dick, a Guy who could rewire a "32" High Boy in his sleep ! Lucien's got one that is worth about $90,000...all steel, retractable ragtop, etc. nice. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that where ever you guys are,.. I hope you have the same camaraderie, solid friendships and someone you can call when you need backup, regardless of the time or date... even if it's just for a cup of Joe and a shared story. Stay safe my friends. Enjoy your Rides....

"God bless the USA, our Troops, and the 2nd Amendment"

Sarge
--------------------------------------

Sounds like a Great Group for certain

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote