Sweet! Just saw up close what the Chrome Shop Mafia can do! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HemiTruckClub Community Forums > HemiTruckClub Drivers Lounge (Community Discussions) > HTC Winners Circle

Old 09-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #1

Ok, well here it is. I went to a car show about 50 miles from me in Gideon, Mo. Thinking it was a small town, I figured there wasn't going to be many cars. Boy was I wrong on both accounts. Gideon wasn't as small as I thought, and there were 53 cars, trucks and bikes there! Well of course I entered before I checked out the competition..... Dumb move on my part I thought at the time...Well long story short, after I parked and cleaned the truck up and got it all set up for display, in comes this Huge Dumptruck!! It was all custom painted and chromed out, and I was thinking they were doing some kind of display for a body shop or something. Third time I was wrong today! The truck was on "Trick My Truck" on CMT and was completely redone by the Chrome Shop Mafia! Man it was gorgeous. Took best of show of course.....cause, yea, he entered... Oh well, I went on about my business of putting out the HTC cards and 3rd Strike cards out on the truck, and answering questions when people stopped by to ask, when this young guy comes over and starts taking pics of the truck? I mean pics of everything......inside, under the hood, outside, everything. SO I start talking to the guy, and I found out he was there in an 02 quad cab Ram! It was nice. Dude had some nice rims, and a flip forward hood! Too bad it didn't have a Hemi...

Anyway, long story short, I brought home #9 1st place trophy tonight..... There were some really nice cars and trucks there, including a Studebaker truck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gideon_026s.JPG (84.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_009s.JPG (90.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_043.jpg (85.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_002.jpg (107.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_009sm.JPG (81.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_041s.JPG (77.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_016s.JPG (85.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_047s.JPG (85.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_042s.JPG (92.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gideon_045s.JPG (85.0 KB, 0 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #2

Ok, well here it is. I went to a car show about 50 miles from me in Gideon, Mo. Thinking it was a small town, I figured there wasn't going to be many cars. Boy was I wrong on both accounts. Gideon wasn't as small as I thought, and there were 53 cars, trucks and bikes there! Well of course I entered before I checked out the competition..... Dumb move on my part I thought at the time...Well long story short, after I parked and cleaned the truck up and got it all set up for display, in comes this Huge Dumptruck!! It was all custom painted and chromed out, and I was thinking they were doing some kind of display for a body shop or something. Third time I was wrong today! The truck was on "Trick My Truck" on CMT and was completely redone by the Chrome Shop Mafia! Man it was gorgeous. Took best of show of course.....cause, yea, he entered... Oh well, I went on about my business of putting out the HTC cards and 3rd Strike cards out on the truck, and answering questions when people stopped by to ask, when this young guy comes over and starts taking pics of the truck? I mean pics of everything......inside, under the hood, outside, everything. SO I start talking to the guy, and I found out he was there in an 02 quad cab Ram! It was nice. Dude had some nice rims, and a flip forward hood! Too bad it didn't have a Hemi...

Anyway, long story short, I brought home #9 1st place trophy tonight..... There were some really nice cars and trucks there, including a Studebaker truck!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #3

And here is the trophy I got for my hard work.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gideon_066.jpg (43.7 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
Director Emeritus

Garage
Congrats Duane! I watched that episode of "Trick my truck"... pretty cool to see it there!
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #5

Thanks Mark. Yea, that thing was awesome! Even the frame had been painted - black metallic! I wanted to get up inside and take some pics, but they wouldn't let anybody do that.