torque managemant can i adjust download ne updated tunes

hemiscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #2

torque managemant can i adjust download ne updated tunes
hemiscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #3

Cannot do much of anything with the 3815 - it's been superseded by the 3865. You may see a Shift Schedule and Torque Management option but your options are Stock or Superchips. No user adjustments are available to the 3815. See FAQ found on www.mcfail.net/superchips.

MDSBigPaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #4

which makes you wonder what those of us who have a 3815 can do with that piece of junk an upgrade or sell it back to SC would be nice.
I regret spending the $400 I spent on it

lew puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #5

Superchips does offer a $100 discount to trade in your 3815 for the 3865. You can call tech support for details.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #6

Spend $400 get a $100 trade in discount seems like we are still losing $300 and that is if the 3865 is a good thing. I remember when the 3815 was suppose to be the bees knees and I spent the money for the "promise" of future downloads and it never happened. Now there is the 3865 & then the Vivid which is even newer. I wonder if the 3865 will in a few months no longer be supported and then once again have spent money just to throw it away. Just my opinion. I also talked to superchips and was told there was no additional "downloads" with the vivid and I would be just as well to keep the 3815.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #7

Lew, we all hear what you're saying. However, one thing that is never presented is the philosophy, that Chrysler has, to eliminate any third party from tuning their vehicles. It's not so much an SC inequity but, rather the code base SC has to program to allow tuning your truck. The ever increasing code base takes a LOT of memory in the tuner.

If Chrysler would go the way of Ford and GM then we might not have to go down this road. I'm not defending SC but just pointing out a MAJOR difference in the way programming the tuners is done. Each new release of PCM/TCM programming Chrysler adds more and more hoops/read programming blocks/ for third party tuner vendors to jump through. I blame Chrysler for this problem NOT Superchips.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
"Bob"

Garage
Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #9

OK after reading this post numerous times I see what you are saying in one light. However in another light I still can not get behind a product that "promised" things and a lot of "us members who are suppose to be like a family" spent money for and then we all basically end up with a faulty product.

I own my own business. If I make promises to customers I give them what I promise. I also know that if I do not deliver on those promises I lose customers.

Good rule in business is to keep the customer happy and give them more than what they paid for and they will keep coming back.

I and numerous people are severly disappointed with Superchips. Proof look at the "for sale" section on this site alone. Superchips products for sale left and right but I have not seen Diablo tuners for example have anywhere near the "for sale" articles.

I am a very dissatisfied customer and will keep my $400 paper weight and really that is all it is honestly.

I love this site love the members but I am consistantly dissatisfied with Superchips and would not be a good member in my opinion if I recommended to a family member something I honestly felt was a FAR inferior product.

Much respect

Old 07-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #10

I have the 3815. I am using it on it's maximum settings and am satisfied with it. For me to spend more $$ on another tuner that doesn't do much more would be foolish.
There has to be a certain point where you just can't get anything else from bolt on performance adders. Then, it's decision time.
Do I want and can I afford to mechanically enhance the engine. Cam...heads...etc.

2012 Deep Cherry Red Pearl QC 4X4
My site. http://getdanet1.tripod.com/index.html

God bless & protect our troops.

Hemi Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote