Jeep Programmer - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Vendors > Superchips

Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #1

I have a Jeep Commander and would like to know if there is any other options for a programmer other then the Jeep Flashpaq, like the Cotex or this new one.

RIP Commander RIP!

New Ride
2011 1500 SLT-Satellite Radio, Nitto Terra GrapplerTires... Working on MODS

HEMI COMMANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #2

I have a Jeep Commander and would like to know if there is any other options for a programmer other then the Jeep Flashpaq, like the Cotex or this new one.

RIP Commander RIP!

New Ride

Old 01-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #3

Besides the Flashpaq we also offer the VIVID PAQ and coming soon the VIVID LINQ.

The VIVID PAQ consists of an Archos device powered by the Android 2.2 operating system. It works wirelessly with our LINQ to tune your vehicle and it offers several improved visual features not available in the Flashpaq like data logging, inclinometer, and multimedia options.

The VIVID LINQ will allow customers who already have an Android 2.2 based phone or tablet the ability to tune their vehicle when paired up with the VIVID LINQ once the VIVID app is downloaded to your device.

More info on the VIVID PAQ can be seen here: http://www.superchips.com/Store/VIVID.aspx

The VIVID LINQ will be available in Feb and more info on that feature will be posted on our web site at that time.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Scott
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #4

So with the LINQ I could do everything right from my phone if it has the Android system. How musch is that going to cost? What is the programing difference aside from the visual features between the FLASH and VIVID if any?

RIP Commander RIP!

New Ride

Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

VIVID LINQ will cost $349.99 for gas applications and $379.99 for Diesel applications.

Aside from the Superchips tuning features, the VIVID software provides two different styles of Advanced Data Acquisition apps that allow you to read PIDS from the vehicles PCM from a multitude of sensors within the engine and transmission through a graphic interface or through analog gauges. A quick stock application is now available allowing you the ability to return to stock faster for those dealership visits. A mileage application that allows you to monitor your vehicles mileage as you drive. A maintenance minder is included to remind you of services like oil changes, etc... And finally for those that go off-roading we offer an inclinometer which measures pitch and roll.

We also tie in the Android phones multimedia applications such as video and game options not available in the Flashpaq or Cortex units.

So as you can see, there are almost double the applications in the VIVID as there are in the Flashpaq and Cortex.

Scott
Old 02-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #6

So is the VIVID PAQ and the LINQ seperate products or are they together. Looking at the web site the appear to be together and that say the cost is $604. I am guessing that the LINQ is connected to the phone via bluetooth. I am sorry for all the questions I just am trying to decide which is the best one for me to get. Does the LINQ has the same features as the PAQ?

RIP Commander RIP!

New Ride

Old 02-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #7

The VIVID PAQ is the LINQ and Archos Android device as a package hence the PAQ name. The VIVID LINQ coming out in the next few weeks is just the LINQ. Both products share the same VIVID software so all of the features are the same. Since the VIVID LINQ relies on the user already having an Android device with OS 2.2 or higher it comes in at a cheaper price.

The VIVID LINQ will be priced at $349.99 for gas applications and $379.99 for Diesel apps.

Scott
Old 02-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #8

That sounds pretty cool. I guess the next thing to do is see how it works with the phone. I hope that there will be some way of seeing a demo of the LINQ and how it works. Thanks for answering my questions.

RIP Commander RIP!

New Ride

Old 02-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #9

I have another question about the LINQ, what features require internet access aside from downlading the app to the phone? If I were to be using this going down the road for the inclinometer would I be on the internet?

RIP Commander RIP!

New Ride

Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #10

The product only uses the internet for downloading and uploading information from the product to us for service purposes. Other than that the product works independant of the internet when in use.

You can download the VIVID software without the LINQ and there is a built in demo mode to try. We just need to get it online and that should be shortly.

Scott