Is it worth it? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Vendors > Superchips

Old 11-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #1

Is it worth it?

SC 3815, mods below, not touching the engine,

I tow my travel trailer every sumer occasionally on holidays,.. not far maybe 300mi a trip

Looking for a little bit more performance, is $399 really worth it? Still waiting for a couple bad issues to be worked out with the SC right now,.. like the high 1-2 shift point.

Should I wait until the new year,.. or try to slip it by the wife right now?

mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #2

Is it worth it?

I think I am going to answer my own question,.. Was ready over on the SC forums again and I am not too impressed,.. If I spend a lot of money on a tuner, I want to enjoy it, not have it sit in my cubby wishing I could use it without fault..
Old 11-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #3

Is it worth it?

Well I have a 07 that you can not change the shift or idle but, just the programming to the 87 and speed limit has made a big difference with MPG and performance. With the CAI and high flow exhaust SC will help both and when they finish the program to upgrade is not that hard.
SC was the first mod I did. I liked what it did when I had the 03. If you don't want to buy a new one there is someone usually selling one here for a great deal. And if you don't like it sell it to someone here again.
BIG BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #4

Is it worth it?

I have a couple more options with the SC than you cause of mine being an 06. Its just that the high rev 1-2 gear that I don't want,.. which you can't change right now. And the towing tune and the 87 tune I believe are the same thing.

I can get one off ebay right now for $399 free shipping to Canada, but would buy from a site supporter if they offered the same type of deal..
Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #5

Is it worth it?

Look in the for sale thread someone usually has one there for sale and at a deal. It might be used but, as long as its set back to original it would be fine and you save some $$$.

Not sure if he still has it but for example.
look here
Old 11-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #6

Is it worth it?

Ya thanks,.. I saw that post along with another one. I am going to dwell on the issue until something sparks my pocketbook. Debating on a remote starter as well atm, and according to my wife,.. for some reason I can't have both at this point in time,...

Oh well, she's really going to crap her pants when I get my new rims a tires...
Old 11-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #7

Is it worth it?

Debating on a remote starter....

Yeah I'm thinking on one too. Had one on the 03 and loved it.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #8

Is it worth it?

Am trying SC from work. Can tell a little difference. Not sure if I'll Invest or not. Keep trying not hot rod it to see if it really can help fuel mileage. But it is so fun to play!
gary_lytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #9

Is it worth it?

I'll give you my personal opinion and low down right from the get go:

I have a 05 1500 Daytona 4x4..

The sticker milage rating was: 14 City / 20 Highway..

Yea right.. keep dreaming!

I drove the truck for about 3 months before I bought the SC and my milage SUCKED!!!

Local city/freeway: 13 to 15.4 max
Long Distance Highway: 17.2 and 17.6 AFTER I added a campershell!!!

After the superchip everything went WAY up..

Local city/freeway: 13.5 to 17
Long Distance Highway: 22 max

After adding the SRT 8 6.1 ltr Cam and Valve Springs, CAI w/6 inch Amsoil Air Filter, Amsoil engine oil and filter, Amsoil Antifreeze everythings gone up even more!

Currently:

Local City/Freeway: 15 to 20.6 mpg
Long Distance Highway: 23.5 max - so far, haven't really driven far enough to get a better reading. Most of the time when I do drive long distance I love screwing with the stock pu's when they "think" they can pass me and get/stay in front of me... hehehehehe
ArcticWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #10

Is it worth it?

I have the Flash Paq 3815 and have had it for several months, I thought it was a late version. I am getting better mileage with the stock tune than the 87 octance tune, both with 89 octane gas. When in the high performance tune and running 93 octane gas, I am running rich, tailpipe has black soot in it. It runs good, but only 15.84 in 1/4 with Flash Paq, AFE Highbreather and Aero Turbine 3030XL. My truck is an 07 QC Sport 2WD with lim. slip and 3.92 axle ratio. I also have a Leer lid that weighs about 200 lbs. My truck also has the Electronic Stability Package which I turn of at the strip.
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote