METHANOL/WATER injection - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Nitrous Oxide Topics

Old 03-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #1

METHANOL/WATER injection

Looking as to wheter adding a meth/water injection kit would allow me to run my superchips in performance tune all the time with a 100shot or less on 91 octane, Any thoughts as to this working,good, bad idea

sdogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #2

METHANOL/WATER injection

For non boosted applications, the Water/Meth injection like the ones from Snow Performance could help some, my worries is that the nitrous would negate the meth injection or vice versa depending on which one sprays more. I have considered this myself, I just need to install my meth injection and find out, maybe you can wait until I do this as I already have the kit. I was seriously thinking about doing it over the weekend and monitor my A/F guage to see if it leans out too much, but a damned good question. I was told from a tech at Snow performance that unless it's tuned with a piggyback system that running both nitrous and meth injection is pointless, that the meth would have no affect with the nitrous, but who knows, it just needs to be tested and I guess I'm the closest with the set up to try it
CentralTexHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #3

METHANOL/WATER injection

Centraltexhemi, I was curious after I read this on snow performances website " Engines using nitrous: With nitrous, water/methanol injection allows the use of full timing even with large (250HP+) quantities. Injection is controlled by the same means that controls nitrous injection" I was hopeing someone had tried it and had some insight, Thanks let me know if you hook it up and it works for you, I would really like to run my truck on performance tune all the time.
sdogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #4

METHANOL/WATER injection

sounds feasable, but I would use straight meth, not a mix with water, or antifreeze. Methanol is fuel, and is like adding octane booster
guitarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:17 AM   #5

METHANOL/WATER injection

There is someone on here that sent out a 6.1 cam to CompCams and had it reground. And they had it set up to where he could run a 150 shot with the 91 tune. I will see if I still have his info so you can ask him.
1FASTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #6
KOZ

METHANOL/WATER injection

I ran a 75 shot with the 91 tune. Ran colder plugs 4306 with it as well. Might not have been the best idea.. but boy it sure flew down the road.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
KOZ

METHANOL/WATER injection

CentralTexHemi that is one bad *** avatar you go there.... LOL... I was waiting for the money shot.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #8

METHANOL/WATER injection

Money shot is pay per view

Since my WOT is running rich according to my A/F guage I might just try a 75 shot to see what it does
Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #9

METHANOL/WATER injection

hard to reply to anything with Steve and Wade's avatars.....cant look at anything but ...........where was I ?
fastgraphite04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #10

METHANOL/WATER injection

Those are induced force avatars